Ultimate Henglesport

njb51

Reaction score
Me and my mate went to Tacklemania yesterday, it was quite good and there were many bargains to be picked up after filtering through the crap.

Towards the end of our browsing we came across some Thermal Suits by Ultimate Hengelsport, you may have seen them in the mags.

Anyway, we got two complete suits, the Arctic ones for ?48, FOR BOTH SUITS!!

We tried them out on the Thames last night, the temp got down to around -1 to -2. Everything we had, froze! Rod bags, landing mat, even our rods were covered in ice. However, we were quite happily sitting there, waiting for bites, nice and warm, not even shivering whilst everything else froze around us.

If you suffer from the cold, i highly recommend one of these suits!!

njb51

Reaction score
They are bulky when you sit down but they did not get in the way of anything whilst i was sorting anything out or casting or playing fish.

The suit is pretty lightweight and i did not feel weighed down at all.

The bib and brace part keeps you extra warm as it comes up to your chest and high up your back and the straps are elasticated allowing it to adjust to movement well.

Windproof, waterproof and thermal! A lovely, comfortable combination when its needed most!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Thanks Johnny, I bought a MAP thermal coat a couple of years ago but I'm not happy with it at all, I wouldn't recommend them in all honesty and I'm looking to replace it, this might be a consideration, cheap as chips really. I can't fish in extremely cold weather due to my bad ticker but I can still get out on some winter days if I'm well wrapped up.

W

Wolfman Woody

I've heard a lot of good things about this company. Isn't it Dutch?

They do soem really good, low cost, baitcasting and lure rods and some interesting clip and swivel combinations.

You should be in touch with them Jonny, begging some samples for testing.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I got some banksticks from them. Not the best of quality but ok for what i wanted.

colsmiff

Reaction score
Spotted the suit in Vale Royal AC for ?35- cheaper than many other vendors I have seen.
Also got good deals on other Ultimate and Shakespeare clothing.

colsmiff

Reaction score
Thanks Stu,
thats just prompted me to subscribe!
Magazine tomorrow, suit in 4 weeks!

Gnasher

Reaction score
Think the Artic suits are good you should try the Outdoors. Breathable and the water just runs off mine comes with trousers not a bib and brace and the lining is a removable stand alone fleece means you can wear it in summer too. The Ultimate predator stuff is superb did anyone see tham at the PAC meeting?