At last

Beanzy

Reaction score
Hello all,

I joined FM years ago with the intention of being active, so four years later this finally is a hello by way of a new-years resolution to go from passive browser to a wee bit more active as a member.

I'm mostly a game angler by history, but have always fished for sea species such as bass, mackerel & pollock, along with with other freshwater species including some perch, pike and roach fishing done in a more ad hoc way. My favourite method is the fly.

The skill area I definitely want to develop more is using the centre-pin (Okuma Aventa - functional tool rather than being top-end) and the margin carp rod (JWYoung 12ft). I have used this a bit for salmon worming (free -lining or ledgering if fast water and prefer active mobile searching styles of fishing to a more static approach. In the short term I'd like to us this set up for more species so will continue browsing about for examples on here. I don't enjoy fishing which involves too much tackle, prefering to flit about more.

As a youngster i used to do a lot of spinning for perch, trout and pike but moved to the fly as this just seemed to fit my temeperment more.

So hello to all at last.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Welcome Beanzy,

You should get all the help you need here on FM. Some top anglers and you can have a bit of banter also.

Bit like fishing, but in cyba space.............:D