I think its time to subscribe!!!

Y

yoggy

Its getting more and more difficult to get hold of coarse fisherman,my local WH Smith where i usually buy it from hasn`t sold the last two issues.Another shop only has a few copies now and then and the time i get there they`ve been sold!!.The distribution of the magazine seems to be confusing to say the least,i wonder what freebie than can entice me with!!!!!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

You can take pick from a variety of different offers yoggy.The best looks the Wychwood Rover Bag.

Y

yoggy

I`ve got one already Nigel!!,I reckon i`ll give them a bell,is the december issue out yet?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Out now and worth getting if only for John Bailey having a pop at our esteemed editor.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Subscribe. The Okuma reel given with a years subscription is very good.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Yoggy.

Chub box, Chub session set, Shimano reel, Fox sunglasses, Mini Maglite or a Badger rod excellent value with 12 issues for ?41.99 or just get a extra couple of copies for ?29.50.

Orders come with a free gift card if you want to give as a gift.

Telephone orders only by 16/12/05

Phone Number 0116 289 4567

colsmiff

Reaction score
Just phoned in my subscription- the Ultimate Arctic thermal suit is the latest offer- not bad considering the weather forecast!

Y

yoggy

Yippee,i`m now a fully fledged member of the subcription society!!!.What a wonderful woman colleen is!!!She gave me a list of goodies that made my mouth water,i finally opted for an Okuma reel,as i have a fetish for reels!! ;-}

Robbie H

Reaction score
Took mine out last week also. Rover bag was my choice. Very impressed. And must agree, Colleen is a very helpful lady. Thumbs up for CF

J

John Howard

If you look carefully at the C.F. subscriptions, you will see that the Free gift subscription costs ?41.99. What they dont tell you in the adverts is that you can purchase a 12 month subscription for a lot less (cant remember the exact amount, its in the lower ?30's) so in fact its not a free gift, your paying for it!

Robbie H

Reaction score
2.95 x 12= ?35.40. So ?6.59 for a Rover bag that retails at ?19.99 is not bad i my eyes. And if you don't want the gift, you could e-bay and save even more money on your subscription.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
John if you read the thread you will see i posted the price for 12 months earlier. So we all know what were paying.

Y

yoggy

Good on yer Graham!!!The Okuma reel i opted for is selling for ?29.99 in my local tackle shop and slightly more in others,so in fact my subscription only cost me 12quid for the year,and also they`re "throwing in" a couple of back issues i missed,is that a good deal or what!!,....John dont be a grump....join the club and subscribe!!!! ;-]

colsmiff

Reaction score
Rang Colleen on Thursday, the mag arrived this morning. What a star!

J

John Howard

Graham Whatmore. Its not just that you can get a cheaper subscription. Its that they dont tell you about it in the mag. There is also no middle man, no transport costs etc. So they are making even more profit from us.

I have been unable to get Coarse Fisherman for months. I have to rely on my daughter getting a copy from Chester.

I would also question why there has been such a poor distribution, is it because they want us to subscribe just to increase there profits?

Paul B

Reaction score
Couldn't find CF anywhere in the warrington area, so i took a subscription out. The nice lady i spoke to gave me the option to pay for 10 issues and receive 12, but i paid the bit extra and got the rover bag. I got the bag and the mags a bit cheaper, they make a bit more, we're both happy! no problem!
As i understand it , they are only a small publisher and have to pay the likes of WH Smith to sell their mag (please correct me if i'm wrong); makes more sense to me to sell by subscription.