Did you notice

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
This may have been on FM before, but here goes anyway.

Catching the Impossible was on sky, they were Zander fishing a Bury hill.

When martin strikes into the zander, the reel handle is on the right, yet when the fish is coming to the landing net, the reel handle is on the left.

I wonder what else they got upto with the filming, and all the cuts the editor has done.

I will have to go over all of the series now to see if i can spot anything else.

brian01

Reaction score
I must say that I did not notice that Ray but having a look at it again I did notice it.:eek: Good on you mate eyes like a hawk you have.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
A bit like in "Passion" when Bob James is putting back a big barbel.

The sleeves of his pullover and shirt go up and down like a bride's nighty. :D Never once does he put the barbel down to adjust them.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
What i dont understand is why the reel hand the handleon the right hand side. Martin Bolwer and Bernard Gribbins both use left handed reels ??

I did wonder if the rod was put out by Hugh Miles ?? and fished it between filming.

I also thought that maybe when he first hooked the fish it turned out to be a pike, but later they hook a Zander and have cut the two fights from the fish together.

Garry Procter

Reaction score
Ray, if I remember correctly there are some similar ('left-right') 'anomalies' in the floodwater barbel section of Catching the Impossible.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Well spotted Ray.

There's a whole culture of movie mistakes out there, some might say there's a conspiracy or that there are mischievous editors doing it on purpose. Either way, some are very amusing:

Best continuity movie mistakes