December's CF - John Bailey Replies.

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

A very interesting article in this months CF in which John Bailey replies to Graham's column in last months CF on his ACA Review article.

Graham are you going to save your response for CF as i'd be interested in seeing your views on the site?

For myself, I will do as JB suggests and reread his original article in light of his defence to it.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'll save my comments for CF. That's only fair considering that's where he replied to me.

I'll just say that I haven't changed my mind about anything I wrote in the first place. And he hasn't provided any answers that satisfy me.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Thats fair enough Graham.Nothing like a good clean spat between fellow contributors.

It would be interesting to hear Matt,Andy and Chris's response to his comments on their posts.He didnt bother mentioning mine:-(

Interstingly I haven't had a response to my query on behalf of the site to the ACA about their fundraisng dinner.Hope youve not got us blackballed Graham!!;-)

G

Gary Knowles 2

I must say I thought this months CF was excellent (even though I wasn't in it!)one of the best I've read for a long time...

Marsdens Musings were really good this week - just what is it about the Dove that causes grown men to lose the plot !!!

Steve Pope's piece was thought provoking, especially since I have moved towards small baits recently.

John Baileys pieces was, as ever written well, pushing the knife between the shoulder blades of the gaffer then carrying out a bit of first aid at the end. This leaves the blue touch paper well and truly lit (cant wait for next months Musings Graham)

Tony Miles came well and truly off the fence and it showed with the best article he's done for ages. Well said Tony !!!

Even the Editorial piece written by Stu Dexter brought up the subject of carp 'safety clips' and their lack of safety. Something I've been banging on about on FM for years now !!!!

Bob's zander piece was also thought provoking and written with his usual strong opinions.

Well done to the production team and the contributors - good stuff indeed.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It would be interesting if Nigel, Andy Chris and Matt replied to John's article in the letter's pages of CF. And anyone else who has a view on John's article, as there were plenty with views on the original thread about his ACA article that started it all off.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I've bee thinking what to do. Whether to write to John directly or through CF, or just reply on here.

I'm veering towards writing to him through CF.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
How come I have to wait till the end of the month to get mine on order from the newsgents and you lot have got them already. Is that because you subscribe yearly and get them through the post?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

GW - got mine from the newsagents this morning.Its a great little place that does all the angling mags even Waterlog before it went subscription only.

I would agree with GK.A very good read this month.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Matt, please reply to CF. Graham, yes, the subscription copies are sent out first, usually beginning the third Thursday of each month.

J

jason fisher

mr marsden i do get the impression you are organising a bailey bashing session, he really doesnt need it as he beets himself up about fishing enough as it is.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I am definitely NOT organising a Bailey Bashing session. Nowhere on this thread have I encouraged anyone to write in with adverse comments about John or his article.

I've encouraged people to write in. I have NOT advised anyone as to what they should write.

To make it more clear - all those who support John's views PLEASE WRITE IN.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Matt, I'm the wrong one to ask about deadlines. I get a telling off from Stu every month for being late.

But I think it'll be next week sometime.

J

jason fisher

i really do wish i could find cf round here, think im going to have to subscribe again.

G

Gary Knowles 2

Jason - its worth it mate. you actually get a choice of what free gift you get at the moment.

I found it dissapointing that many members of FM (myself included) campaigned to get the letters page back in CF then hardly anyone sent in any letters.

B

Bully

I get IYCF (free). I have to say it has lagged miles behind CF, even if they are prudent in not "employing" Barney the bear :eek:).

Lasts months was truly dreadful and I certainly would not pay money for it.

I haven't read CF for a while (perhaps a year). I have to confess one of the reasons I stopped was because of John Baileys "preaching" attitude, which did irritate me.

J

jason fisher

its always been my favourite mag but my subscription lapsed for a while and now i just cant find it.

p.s. sorry to graham for my previous scurrilos post.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Apology accepted Jason. It caused me concern because John will be keeping his eye on this thread and the last thing I want is for him to think I'm trying to get anyone to gang up on him. I don't need anyone to do that and I don't want anyone to do that.

In fact, let me say this, I have no doubt that John feels just as strongly about his views as I do mine. If you feel strongly enough about something you don't need to muster support for you're comfortable enough with the strength of your own convictions.

When someone comes onto this forum to discuss John (or anyone else) it isn't good when all they can do is slag him off. Whatever his views he deserves better than that.

It isn't enough to just say you agree or disagree with him, you need to say why, for without an explanation of your views they're meaningless.

J

jason fisher

thats why i appologised it was said in jest but then i realised after your reply i might have caused you problems

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

And it goes without saying I hope that we would all condemn those who telephoned John with death threats.