I have always loved cricket

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

There is no doubt that the last Ashes series was arguably the most fascinating and exciting cricket competition ever.

I loved it.

The two men of the series were Shane Warne and Freddie Flintoff in my book. Two of the best players the world has ever seen. What a great shame that Warne has retired. Yet Freddie is still pulling England out of the crap in Pakistan.

N

Nigel Moors.

Have got this set, had it first day it came out. Any long suffering English cricket fan who had seen them build through the previous five series was waiting with bated breath for the Ashes series. Brilliant set for sure.

Not sure that Warnie has retired completely Ron - I think he's scheduled to play us down under then call it a day I gather.

Dead right about Freddie, he was the 'go-to' man every time and he had the likes of Hayden and Gilchrist on toast!!

Long may this continue. Don't worry about the Pakistan series, so many of the team haven't played there before including Freddie. The likes of Harmison and Hoggard have bowled their hearts out on those dead flat tracks. All good stuff and part of the armoury for the ashes down under. We'll be even stronger then!

chalky

Reaction score
boaring bogging total rubbish, sorry lads but cricket it just a game of school boys rounders, and as for winning the ashes woopee woo theres only 2 teams in it ,just shows how bad england are at cricket[just about as bad as the football team]i could not beleve all the bull#### that was on tv because they won the smallest trophy on the planet so what they should be ashamed of themselfs for not giving ellen mc arther [ who single handed rowed round the world] the bbc personality of the year instead they gave it to a bunch of drunks that think there great at cricket ,its in my opinion not even a sport.

C

Christian Tyroll

Nice suggestion Nick, i find it so boring to watch and play but thats just because i get a golden duck everytime.
I can just imagine the whole fielding side without hands, i dont think it would be a very long game.

F

Fred Bonney

Sounds like the words of people, who have probably never played cricket or, if they have,were frightened of the hard ball.
Of course having a brain, helps. ;o)

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Dont think little Ellen rowed around the world either?

Get your facts straight Chalky before spouting such tripe!!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

If you don't like cricket, you don't like it. You don't have to watch it.

I happen to like cricket.

I hate football so I don't watch it or get involved with it.

chalky

Reaction score
hey fred yes i have played cricket [was forced to at school] and i do apoligise ellen mc arthuer sailed round the world twice in fact not rowed but its nice to see there are other people out there who knows [like me its not a sport] thank you lads , now back to fishing at least thats the best sport on the planet, ps hey ED love the pink floyd picture now they are brilliant one of the best lol but thats another story
tight lines ...chalky.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Chalky, fishing is not a sport but a pastime? Discuss?

You got a few bites anyway in this hot weather!

chalky

Reaction score
lol it is to me but yes i agree it is a pastime , yes i said to myself oh no bet ive started a war lol oops.