rabbit rabbit

Kevin Gorman

Reaction score
Bought some rabbit food and wondering if anyone has used same to catch carp and how successful it was? Also off to Lac du val in France next May has anyone been and caught there and how. New to this site so bare with me mates ta!

Kevin Gorman

Reaction score
Basically what I am trying to say is that I have used vitalin dog food and soaked for 12 hours, is it the same method with rabbit food as it contains pellets barley etc.,

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
I've had some guinea-pig food (pellets) which listed maize gluten (i.e. corn-steep liquor), so pulling-power probably varies with brand/mix. The stuff I had certainly seemed to attract fish, and I had one or two littl'uns fishing the pellets, banded. Worth experimenting, once the weather warms up a bit!

roy brookes

Reaction score
i want to use vatalin on a method feeder mix do i have to soak it or will it just blend down in a mixer

N

NottmDon

Dunno about vitalin Roy but I use partiblend and soak it down and ferment it and when I use the method I put some through a blender to add to the method mix, it works a treat, the smell I suppose is an aquired taste though lol.

B

Big Rik (ACA)

if you use the search part of the forum for vitalin, they are loads of previous threads on it.

As for the rabbit food, not sure of the content, but I wouldn't imagine there's much in it that would need a soak, so just a blast of boiling water, as per the Vitalin, not sure why you soak it for 12 hours

fishy pete

Reaction score
any body tried compleate ferret food yet? exellent surface bait.bit light for catty though,needs to be introduced at range with p.v.a.

fishy pete

Reaction score
rabbit food ,guinea pig food,SOME bird rearing foods,all need very little in way of preperation, other than scoulding with boiling water as rik suggests.
what i have found though is they all benafit from the addition of a food/ flavour addative ,my favorite is multi-ammino ppc, or liver extract.
the only time i would advise soaking for twelve hours is when chosen feed contains nuts/ seeds.
BUT please boil prior to soaking if it does contain nuts/seeds as we all know un-soaked/boiled they can be harmfull to fish.