Remote Alarms - which ones?

S

Sage

I am looking at getting some remote alarms. Has anyone used the Pro Logic Bat Man alarms? ?120 for three they seem too good to be true compared to the prices of Delkim TXi or Solar.

S

Sage

I am not disputing the quality of delkims but 3 txi's and a receiver costs ?490. The Pro Logics cost ?120 and "appear" to offer the same functions.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Many will offer the same functions Sage, however, it is down to build-quality and reliability in the end.

Either Fox RX or Delkim TXi+ would be my recommendation.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I use Fox MX alarms and was pricing up a remote reciever ?120 same price as the Prologic and if i get the Prologic i would have a spare set of alarms.

So i would be interested in anybodys view of these as well.

C

Cakey

I had a demo on the ATTX and they seem very good for the money,can be used with any alarms

p.s. they are advertised on this page !

S

Sage

Cakey, thx for the tip. I went into the shop and had a look at the ATTX. It took them a while to get a set working, which dented my confidence in them. They cost ?215 for a 3 rod set-up without alarms, but I have not ruled them out.

Has anyone used these or the Pro Logics?

Paul B

Reaction score
I was thinking of the pro logics myself a bit back; found a thread on carp.com which had some posts saying they stop working in rain and the switch tops fall off, others saying they were ok!
climax tackle are doing 3 mmx's for ?105 and the fox TXR remote adapter for ?135 but still twice the price...
yer pays yer money and takes a chance.. I got the fox (and stuck with my leads and sounder box).
Good luck!

L

Les Clark

I got a set of mmx`s ,had them for about 3 years ,one of them go`s through batteries like the clappers ,another one just packed up ,broken wire on the board ,how I don`t know ,and they will pack up in heavy rain ,for ?50 each , just about on the money.

S

Sage

Paul/les, thanks for the feedback. It sounds like the Pro Logic alarms may be a bit too cheaply made...?120 is not good value if they pack up in the rain.

Big Mart

Reaction score
Hang on a minute.......

I have the Batman alarms in question as well as a set of non remote MX's.

I only got them in Jan/Feb but I've already used them in conditions down to minus 8, and the most atrocious storm imaginable (You know the sort where the lightning passes overhead and you're lying there awake at 2am hoping it hits the bloke in the swim next to you instead of you!). No problems at all.

They defintely represent good value for money, no question whatsoever. I even use them now instead of the MX's and nothing has fallen off or broken. I am even going to give them a favourable write up for the tackle section when i've had them a year.

My least favourite thing about them is when the remote decides the batteries are on their way out it lets out the most god aweful noise imagineable (Normally at 3 in the morning).

Let me know what you think if you get a set.

B

Big Rik

Get the Delks.

Cheap is false economy, unless you only use them a couple of times a year.

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
why not buy two delkims and then save up for the remote,you only have to look how many bids they get on ebay to see how well respected and sought after they are.
ok so its going to cost you 250 notes for two,then another 120 for the remote but when you have them they are for life as nothing is going to really surpass them in the future as there is not much more an alarm can do.
I have four and the remote but only use two and very rarely use the remote as I tend to only do short overnighters.
Like Rik say's cheap is false economy ,I have had the fiver ones,the Ron thompson ones with remote that looked as though it came out of a cracker,Two sets of foxes and now these,No comparison

Long Term you will kick yourself if you buy cheap
Incidently some shops do cheque spread or credit so why not do that?
360 quid divided into 12 is 30 quid a month or 7.50 a week -thats only one and a half packets of fags!!

Regards Matt
p.s. No I don't want to sell the other two !lol

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
nah!
I'm a supermarket Manager!!

but I used to sell cars.................

S

Sage

In the end I bought the ATTX to go with my standard Delkims. It has better reception than the TXi.

GreyFox

Reaction score
I use the TXR system with Delkim Pluses. Works fine except for the extremely rare occasions when two rods go off at once...it trends to get confused and whines and stutters like a banshee..

Overall, though I wouldn't swap the system because it is so versatile.

You can use it with fox, steve neville and delkim alarms....