Brocken Rod - Please Help!!

A

andy driver

I've got a Leeda Blue Diamond 13 1/2 foot Carp Match rod with a broken mid section. I can't get a replacement section from Leeda as it's been discontinued. The break is too bad to repair the section. It's was a lovely piece of kit and my favourite rod. Can anyone help with finding a replacement section? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Your local tackle shop may well have a few old bits of carbon blanks kept back for this sort of repair; have an ask. Failing that, a possible bodge (which will stiffen and shorten the broken section) is to cut out the damaged area, strip the rings from the narrower portion, and slide it into the wider part, telescope-wise. If it looks/feels promising, mark how far it protrudes, whip the female section of the mend, so it can't split, coat the butt of the new "male" bit with araldite, and slide it back in. Replace rings, and see if it's still usable. But a spigotted mend will be much closer to the original, so give the tackle-shop maximum sob-story and puppy-eyes!
(Btw, wouldn't "brocken" only apply if the rod were a Badger?...
...gets coat!)

C

Chris Bishop

I'd have said a break in the middle of middle section of a rod like that is probably pretty terminal - isn't that the bit that takes all the stick when you're casting big wagglers and hauling these things in..?

Must be a s/h rod out there, if it's been discontinued other people have probably moved on and bought the next big thing.

Stick a few wants ads in tackle shops, local papers etc. You might hit lucky.

W

Wolfman Woody

Keep your eye on Ebay. Put in a search in the Coarse Fishing section for "Blue Diamond". They do come up.

I've been searching for 8 months for a Korum Carp Float rod and finally got one the other week. Cheaper than the first few I saw going through as well and brand new.

Just have a little patience.

The Blue Diamond series 1 & 2 were made by the Silver Star rod company in Korea. They won't have any spares now. I reviewed the first 13' waggler rod to come over for a magazine and I still have it. They were quite nice.

A

andy driver

Many thanks to everyone for replying - I'll try all you have suggested.

Regards, Andy

F

Fred Bonney

I had the Waggler too,a great little rod,passed it on to one of our juniors and he broke it,before he'd used it,***%%&^^$.
So,let me know if you want some spares Jeff!

A

andy driver

Hi Fred - thanks for replying. I'd be very interested in the middle section if it's still in one piece! Please let me know if we can do a deal.

Regards, Andy