BIG ivel barbel

owzatsteve

Reaction score
i was walking the ivel this morning scouting for a future trip and what i witnesed has made my season some old boy(bless him) cranked into a nice rod bender at 9.15 after about 15 mins out come a perfectly conditioned barbel ,helped the old boy weigh it ,,, WAIT 4 IT ,,, 17LB 2OZ , what a lovely fish and to my horror he put it straight back ,dident want any pictures or publicity ,OUCH , i know where i,m off to in the next weeks, see you all there me thinks.

owzatsteve

Reaction score
hi nic i should be able to show you where when you and yoggy come down

Y

yoggy

Bully,The Ivel starts in Baldock [north herts],although most of the Ivel is actually in Bedfordshire,it joins the Great Ouse at Temsford.Popular stretches are in Lanford,Biggleswade,sandy and Blunham.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Warrens lying, it's shite around Sandy, apart from the 5+ Perch that lives there, look to Blunham for the big whiskers.....

Love all this stuff, gets people off the lakes!

owzatsteve

Reaction score
murry, the skill level to stalk totally wild fish who can swim miles, and not round and round ,is beyond most anglers thats why they fish comfortable commercials and leave the real fishing to the likes of us long live runnig water

C

Chub King

Swim miles? You can jump accross most parts of the Ivel. Real small river stuff. And the fish see you coming a mile off.
Blunham my arse! Sorry guys, that's a nasty rumour (as I found out to my cost). All I saw in three trips to Blunham were a handful of bream and two carp. Then again, I couldn't catch a cold in Siberia, so they could be there.
I say ignore the blinds, Biggleswade Common's the spot or I'm a muppet (which of course I am). Bit of a circus though - musical swims at the weekend.
That's your neck of the woods isn't it Warren?

Y

yoggy

Well i`ve had some very good days at Blunham,,still, knowing a 90year old who has fished the stretch and lived in Blunham all is life has its advantages!!!! :-]

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"That's your neck of the woods isn't it Warren?"

Not fished it for a few years now. Rumour has it you can see the Big Top from the A1 already. Adjusting big red nose and size 42 feet as i type.

:eek:)