stocking up for spring

nicky

Reaction score
Just recently been thinking that spring isn't really too far away, march only a couple of months away, had my first tench of the season march last year and wanted to get some bits and bobs all in new and shiny condition so i'll be all ready.
Did a bit of searching on ebay and found one seller selling 20 packet of kamasan b611's for £6.20 including postage when they arrived 21 packets.
Going to spend the next few weeks stocking up on hooklink material etc's.
How about you guys do you like to stock up ready for the new season?

dannytaylor

Reaction score
stocking up for spring!
Iam always stocking up with fishing tackle thats why im always skint :rolleyes: Different fish, different seasons always need some new odds and sods its a nightmare but i love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

Looking forward to some tench fishing and i will be starting in late March or there abouts depends how late/early the spring is. Not so much tackle for me this year but im trying to settle on a couple of baits. What sort of tench baits do FM members favour for early season tench?

mol

Reaction score
I've just had a big stock up, I live in France and the price of most tackle out here is stupidly expensive compared to the UK, Preston PR hooks at €4 a pack! I tend to place two or three big orders a year for myself and a few friends and save a fortune in the process.

I've just stocked up on hooks, hook links and a few floats that I can't find over here.

I will be stocking up on hemp too, I've been told that due to the weather there is going to be a drop in the amount of hemp available and prices will probably double in the coming year. Last season I went through 150kg, so it'll be worth my while.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Stocking up is a constant process. The day i die, enormous amounts of unused tackle will be left behind.

Blimey Harvey that sounds a bit sad m8...but true for a lot of other anglers n'all. I think were all collector maniacs :rolleyes: :)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Stocking up week in week out, but i always seem to be out of something just before i go, quick check in the boys bags and bingo.

tortoise100

Reaction score
I am always on the unsuccessfull hunt for QM1 hooks at a cheaper price , over the summer I did sample lots of other hooks and found some I liked but for winter fishing nothing beats them .

I also seem to be on the look out for large items ie barrow and bivvy for the coming season but since I don't have the money this means allot of reaserch and window shopping but thats not a bad thing.

chav professor

Reaction score
i am always fully stocked! I will be looking to buy some soft wire trace making material for april/may when I plant to start an Eel campaign. Looking forward to getting my Andrew Field Floats - hopefully get a few weekls use towards the end of the season.;bp

nicky

Reaction score
Im usually pretty well stocked up, i go to the the tackle shop almost every friday and spend about a fiver its suprising what you accumalate over time if you do this regulary, then every so often say at christmas, on me birthday or fathers day or when i get a few extra quid i like to stock up on things maybe i couldnt normally afford to see me through. But my supplies are looking a bit low lately went through a long period before christmas where i didnt do much fishing because of work and weather and stopped my regular visit to the shop. Like alan i like to stock up on vitalin but last year i found a farm shop that sells all sort of bait much cheaper than the tackle shop so i go there and spend say 20 quid on pellets and hemp etc which i then cut with the vitalin, its a cheap way of doing things its usually some time before i have to go again.