blank blank blank

N

nicholas bray

First three weeks of floods making the river impossible to fish, now weeks of ice i have had two blank chub fishing sessions, and one blank pike session, Sometimes i hate the winter think i better try some night fishing for the chub maybe i'll catch something then.

L

Les Clark

At least you have the weather to blame it on ,Ive had 5 blanks in a row ,not a happy piker .

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously though Nicholas, if you are going to contemplate a night fishing trip on a River please make sure you are very well prepared, have sufficient food and hot drinks and preferably go with a friend.

Rivers at night can be dangerous!

N

nicholas bray

I do go night fishing fairly regularly, unfortunately i dont have any mates in my area who go fishing so i have to go on my own, My missus came home last night with one of those led headlamps so that should help. Thanks for the warning, though I do tend to choose swims which start off shallow and get deeper towards the oppsoite bank in this way at least if you do fall in it will only be into a foot af water.

L

Les Clark

Peter ,Jeff has lost his title ,since he caught that big chub ,but he could become an honorary blanker.

"Jeff the blanker " mmmm , nearly right .Lol

N

nicholas bray

Nigel i haven't even caught a cold, Les this blanking business is pants i'll have to try for something easier.

J

jason fisher

i didnt blank the time before last that i went piking i caught a plastic bag.

L

Les Clark

Nicholas , I agree mate , I can`t work it out ,I was going tomorrow but I will have to wait untill thursday as I have got a delivery of deadbaits comeing tomorrow .

N

nicholas bray

I tell a lie a didn't completely blank last time i went i did foul hook a bream whilst retrieving by bait thought i'd caught a jack at first, but no such luck

W

Wolfman Woody

I keep thinking I'll go again one night, but fortunately something comes along to spoil my plans.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Nicholas. I know where your coming from. Ive come to the conclusion that blanking is par for the course in winter fishing. My last few outings have been hard if not entirely fish free. Im off tomorrow to the swale with a good friend and hope to catch a chub or two so its fingers crossed.