great gadget

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Great gadget

I have always struggled to tie small loops for hair rigs and loop to loop knot but since I've bought this gizmo I now tie small neat loops
Well worth investing if you have big fat fingers (PoshPaul) or are just plain useless (me)

Sensas Loop Tier

stikflote

Reaction score
Spade end hooks are very easy to tie with a hook tier
i use the Drennan one, but i also can do them by hand it is easy ,,you need some one to show how, which is a lot easier than reading instructions

stikflote

Reaction score
im Only sorry you are all so far away ,i would willingly show you al how to use a drennan hook tier and how to do it by hand it is the same knot, i will admit to NOT being able to do it with the black matchman tier, i dont like that one at all

Last edited:

quickcedo

Reaction score
Been there and done it stikfloat, still couldn't manage it. Still got the hook tier in my tackle box with instructions.
Tying flies and whippfinishing, no problem, but spade end hooks:(:(

Isn't tying a spade end the same as whip finish on a fly? I know I do the same for both. I do whip finish by hand not with the tool.
I've got carrots for fingers and doing it this way even small hooks present no problem.

stikflote

Reaction score
sn't tying a spade end the same as whip finish on a fly? I know I do the same for both. I do whip finish by hand not with the tool.
I've got carrots for fingers and doing it this way even small hooks present no problem.

I think it is the same,knot,

i fold the line lay on side of hook then wind down shank put tag end thru folded
loop and pull tight,its the same knot as hook tier puts on

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

i have the Seymo loop tier the Gardner one and the Sensa one which i prefer