try this hair rig

stikflote

Reaction score
THREAD hook as for knotless knot take end of line and fold it along shank
use a couple of inches then hold line against shank use other end of line to wind round line and shank
and put knotless knot on pull tightish, now with the small tag end you can pull that to shorten hair ,i some times put a korum bait spike on loop,,ive been using this for a while now ,its not my invention but it does work well ,hope you can understand instructions

keith

stikflote

Reaction score
try this, any questions please ask

PICT0038.jpg

stikflote

Reaction score
yes without the pain of a tiny loop, i use it all the time on pole and feeder,but put a korum baitstop on loop then do the knotless knott

stikflote

Reaction score
Sorry you may get slapped with a copy rights injunction lol,
i got it out of a mag a couple years ago readers tips ,and used it ever since lol

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
I've been using this method for a while now on braid hook lengths. As Stikflote says it's useful for getting your hair length just right and saves tying that fiddly little loop in your hair.

One thing I now do though is put a little dab of super glue on the knot once I've got the hair length right as I've found that the loop often pulls undone when you hook a fish.

I tend not to use it with mono as I'm usually fishing with fairly thick line and I always feel that the doubled loop forms too stiff a hair. This is probably me being old fashioned though as I always feel that hairs have to be supple and this probably isn't the case.