Sea Species

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

What a truly marvellous bit of fishing. Sea species on the fly rod, plus a bit of nice cod to bring home.

That's my sort of fishing.

alan

Reaction score
great read, but ive got to disagree with

"And then Johnny did something which defined the gulf between bait fishing with a size 4/0 and fly fishing. Johnny put the cod back and took his smile home as a trophy. "

many sea anglers are practising catch and release, so its not fly fishers putting the fish back and keeping a photo of the fish.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Kristiansand is a lovely area both to tour around and to fish.
The sea trout fishing has to be experienced to be believed as well.

But then, for the coarse angler you cannot beat the Tench, Pike and Zander fishing around Arendal whilst for the river anglers then head straight for the Glomma, the Drammenselver or the Nitelver.

Oslo fjord just out of interest has depths over 600 feet just about 5 rods' lengths out from the shore.

M

mark williams 4

Hope you enjoyed the article. It has languished in Trout Fisherman's filing cabinet for three years, so some of the detail is a bit out of date, I'm ashamed to admit; I should have updated it for the site before passing it on to Graham.

I've dropped Peter Egleton a line to see if his email address still works, but I can put anyone interested directly in touch with the Norway crew if it doesn't!