Octoplus Strongbox Super Stool

neil_146

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has one of these super stools and what is their opinion of it.

Cheers

Neil_146

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
I nearly bought one so I dont know if that counts ! While it reduces the weight on one shoulder, it merely increases weight on the other. I still needed bits of metal work like rod rests and side trays, I still needed reels (which could be left on a rod admitedly) and I still needed bait. Result would have been a heavier holdall. Its not even that practical because if you want anything (spare disgorger, dropped a plummet etc etc) you still have to stand up anyway. Might be worth looking at a lightweight seatbox like a matchbox (which I havent got either !). And with a matchbox you can remove the large bottom compartment totally and you are left with only the drawers which you can access at any time. If its reduced weight you want go for a stnadard seatbox liek a matchbox and see if you can get a tub or two of bait, catties etc in it and despense with the holdall altogether. It worked with my onbox over the summer on short sessions.

But, as I said, I havent got so it might make my opinion null and void !!! :):):):)

neil_146

Reaction score
Thanks Jimmy,

I've used a Korum accessory chair for a number of years, but find it awkward to carry any distance. It also has a nasty habit of detaching the carrying shoulder strap from the brackets on the chair at the most inconvenient moments.

I've looked at the "canal box" type seatboxes by Matchbox and Sensas, but think they may also be awkward to carry with their relatively long legs and short box section.

I think I need to have a good look at a super stool in my local tackle shop before deciding.

Thanks for your comments

neil_146

Red Army

Reaction score
I do agree with what Jimmy says but I've got Octoplus stool that I combine with a Korum ruckbag for the extrat stuff needed and that wouldn't feet into the stool. That works well for canal sessions where space on the towpath is limited and/or for places requiring a long walk on rough terrain to get to your swim and where using a barrow or trolley to bring a proper seatbox could be problematic.

The stool is ok and works well for that sort of use but it's not as stable and comfortable as a proper seatbox so on any other venue I only use a proper seatbox.

stikflote

Reaction score
Neil_146,
the straps on my korum chair unclip at times ive put electricians tape on the clip

means you cant take strap off ,but at least it doesnt fall off you shoulder while
carrying it