Tackle Bought But Not Used!

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Just thinking about sorting the tackle out. Seatbox, nets and bait in the garage, rods etc up in the loft. Picked up plastic bag which was on top of the seatbox, not even put away where floats, pole floats, feeders, pellet cones and bait bands.
Up in the loft waggler rod, feeder rod and Shimano baby baitrunner. All not been used along with 9ft 5 weight fly rod with reel and line. Further floats and pole floats, hook links and pike lures.
So what have you got?
Get it sorted and go fishing.

richiekelly

Reaction score
i have tackle that i have purchased but not used but the items have been used as they dissapear from the garage and turn up on a nene valley syndicate water that strangely enough my son fishes,when i ask about the items its never him thats had them,its all very strange.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I have been selling some of my gear, just to much stuff doing nothing.

I had 29 rods and 36 reels, add to that my 3 sons gear, no room for it all, so i had a clear out.

Just left myself the gear i need, not the gear i look at.

bigchub

Reaction score
Don't know why but I seem to have packets of hooks that I never use, hook links etc etc but end up returning to my old reliable favorites.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Last summer I cleared out the old rods and reels I've not used for ages - most of the stuff was "cheap" end gear I bought when I started back fishing - got a few quid of a guy who runs a 2nd hand fishing gear stall

But I did seem to ahve an obession buying hooks about 18 months ago - I'll not need to buy another hook in sizes 18-10 in various patterns for a couple of years:confused:

chav professor

Reaction score
9/10's of my float collection. I just love floats and have a compulsion to buy new ones. I have floats that I might need, floats i need, copies of floats I need, floats that could come in handy............ And soon to add to my collection the andrew field floats..... Sooooo excited......... (thought i better add vintage floats) See what I mean?

float lust:eek:

Last edited:

chav professor

Reaction score
Hallo....my name is Christian and I'm a Floataholic but I haven't been trotting today.

Thats about right S-kippy - I have given up the fags though!!!! 30 days tomorrow, all down to a little pill called 'Champix'. stunning little drug, stop smoking - no cravings - cheating really.;bp

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Tackle Bought But Not Used!

I refuse to answer the question as to do so might incriminate myself . . . . . . .

If forced, however, I will admit to the 4th DelkimTxi Plus (Purple Haze) bought as a spare in case the others pack up . . . . . . . . .

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
My main excuse, it's too much hard work to seperate tackle for different venues with different fishing techniques. Seatbox and trolly, tackle and bait holdall (size large) and hard case rodholdall containing pole with 5 tops and cupping kit, match rod, feeder rods X 2, 1 for medium and 1 for light, brolly, banks sticks (seatbox has all attachments necessary) and landingnet pole.
Carp setup X 2 rods in quiver with tackle in rucksack and chair with attachments and also rodpod. Then I have a river setup X 2 rods with quiver type rodholdall, same chair as for carp and over the shoulder large tackle bag. I'm now in the process of setting up light fishing gear for quick getaway and fishing with my mate on small venues (he complains I have too much gear and it normally takes me an hour to setup), so 1 match rod, 1 feeder rod, usual chair with attachments, brolly, landing net and a small over the shoulder tackle bag. Then I have my bait bag. This does not include the rod I have for trotting, spinning rods, salmon rod and fly gear for both stillwaters and seperate gear for rivers. Please note I have not included reels in this lot, yes, a reel for every rod. Plus my 2 Korum Quad rods with okuma reels. Lereds centerpin for trotting (thinking of getting a quality one!) and Allcock Backolite centerpin (because I just have it). The idea being if I choose a particular type of fishing, I can just grab the gear necessary and go without swapping around and maybe forgetting something.
Did I list my fly tying gear?