Editable Forum Posts

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Something many of you have always wanted is forum posts you can edit. You click the submit button and then realise yoor spilling isn't what it should have been.

We've fought against it until now because being able to edit past posts can cause confusion, ie, someone replies to a post and then that post is edited and the reply no longer makes sense.

Well, as usual, we've reached a compromise that should go some way to pleasing everyone (did I really say that?).

An edit button will appear on your latest post. It will remain there for a short period or until someone else posts on that thread.

Enough time to give you chance to correct typos or poor spelling, add a little something, or delete something.

Let's see how it goes.

J

John McLaren

Thanks Graham, that seems a good feature - edited this and it werks!!!

S

Steve King

Great stuff Graham! I'm sure it will work out fine. I have mentioned before that other forums (fora?!) that I post on allow a "window" of 90 minutes in which you can amend your posting.

I have yet to see a thread derailed because of an edit, but you never know!!

W

Wolfman Woody

I don't know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is to try pleasing everyone.

You don;t nead an idit key when your porfict lik me.

J

jason fisher

you could have a lot more fun with it if you could edit other peoples though.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the new Edit feature Graham.

That said, the best 'edit' feature still has to be;

Think before you hit the submit button.

And jason is right, I'd love to be able to edit one or two posts on the Bait Box - only in the interests if fairness though

;-]

There are a few fishing forums around that allow the use of those full cartoon pictures (emoticons?) and although I tend to use the keyboard smiley face I- wouldn't like to see that on FM.

Beecy

Reaction score
Why is it that even though other people tell you something works you still dont believe it until you try it yourself?

( editted version )

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

There's so many windups on this forum we don't trust anything until we've tried it.
There ya go. Works fine.

F

Fred Bonney

I like it,edit before the next post is made,anything more than that would lead to misuse.

matt

Reaction score
oifa iuydj lkhuy lkbysg klkyh;a'[a lask

LIDASKJKJICW BIKLK ytdrLBASB

hMM MAYBE I STill need to oerfect it

W

Wolfman Woody

At first I thought this thread was called

EDIBLE FORUM POSTS

and I thought, what a caring generous person our Graham is, bet there's HP sauce with it.

Beecy

Reaction score
Its just let me edit a post after someone else has posted, that could be dodgy.