English Carp Heritage Organisation

Malc Bason

Reaction score
When I clicked on this to have a look at what you had posted Benny, I was rather disappointed!

I thought, 'here is a great opportunity for the lad to give us the shpeel(sp?) on ECHO', but alas, no!

Come on Benny, why should we join?

ECHO member no: 1087.

F

Frothey

i forgot to renew, i think its the lack of communication from them thats part of the problem. that web page is how old?

look at the news, june 2003 then sept 05.....

Ex Echo member no: ????

....and how many people just joined for the badge?

Malc Bason

Reaction score
"....and how many people just joined for the badge?"

Frothey - I reckon you are right!

In actual fact, I just looked again at my card, and my annual subscription ran out ages ago - communication - yeah!

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
All i can do is regurgitate what is on the web site and in the magazines (well my own views etc but all my info comes from here) so ithought i would let all you guys read it for and decide if you want to be a part of it yourselves rather than me ramble on.

I belelive ECHO has already acheived some amazing feats such as with ECHO funding the tests for diseases such as SCMS have been made hundreds times more sensitive and DNA disease profiling has come on leaps and bounds.

I agree abount communication but i hope this will improve but they need more members for things to start improving.

Most of the lakes i fish although may hold quite a few stockies everyone wants the true blue originals proper english warriors lets not let them get wiped out because a geezer can buy (or steal) a few fifties and let the circus in to catch em.

I dont beleive there is a better way to secure the future of English carp fishing than ECHO.

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
Just trying to inform people who maybe dont read magazines and may not of heard of them or know what their about.

Just trying to do my bit!

F

Frothey

"true blue originals proper english"

its statements like that that stop people joining though, making it sound like anyone not fishing for them are fishing for inferior fish - especially that a lot of the "true blue english" fish are just older stockies anyway.....in ten years time will they still be thought of as stockies?
what about the fungus mirrors in wraysbury - everone up in arms when they went in, now king fungus is
one of the most sought after fish. all those horton stockies.......

F

Frothey

aussie imports.....i thought that ECHO were only against illegal imports, not legal ones? whilst i dont agree with it, its legal, the fish have been health checked, so whats the problem?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

ECHO seems to me to be 'The Impossible Dream' because, where there is MONEY to be made, be it from stocking (either legally or illegally)huge imported fish it will never be stopped

F

Frothey

education, not condemnation Ed......

also theres too many people who dont really give a monkies about where the fish came from, they just want the chance of some easyish fishing for big fish....and who can blame them?

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
ECHO are against all imports illegal or otherwise they are trying to make it as hard as they can for fish to be imported the problem with all the fish being tested is that some of the tests cant differentiate between a postive for the disease or the small amount of the disease in the vaccination.

the people who just want to go and catch big fish no matter where they are from need to be educated thgat their support for these foreign fish could completly ruin carp fishing we have plenty of big fish in this country if your not prepared to travel for them or wait for a place on a syndicate then do you really deserve to catch such a fish?

F

Frothey

its easy to say that when you live in an area with loads of big fish though benny, would you feel the same if you lived in the north of england? easy to say you would...

ECHO have said they cant fight legal imports as its, well, legal. all they can do is try to lobby to tighten up laws to prevent stolen/diseased fish making it in.

"if your not prepared to travel for them or wait for a place on a syndicate then do you really deserve to catch such a fish?"

once people start moralising about things it gets a bit sticky...and like i said, a lot dont give a monkies - they might have other higher priorities in there life and fishings just a bit of fun. why should they have to catch smaller fish all there lives because they havent got the time or inclination to travel around for bigger fish?

mary, the black mirror,two-tone, the horton a-team, the sutton fish, especially the redmire fish were all stocked not all that long ago from abroad....does time alter things? will all the french fish be thought of as "pukka" in 20 years time....

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
Its all a matter of opinion im not trying to tell people what to do or think im just putting my personal opinions across and i beleive ECHO is worth my ?20.00 and if 1 person reads this thread and joins at least i have helped what i believe is a worthy cause.