when the winds in the east the fish bite least

andreagrispi

Reaction score
I am fishing Sunday hair rigging a piece of lampray on a northern river - for chub!!

quickcedo

Reaction score
Blanking on the canal (must think positive, must think positive)

Piking on the canal tomorrow. First try of new homemade lure.

chav professor

Reaction score
piking sunday morning!! I thought that 'when the wind blows east, the fish bite least was an East Coast sea fishing saying'.........

Pre-baited my swims this afternoon, they are slow cooking and should go well sun morn.... I'll let you know;)

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Not braving the cold as I've never found it worthwhile when it comes from the east...the wind seems to put a chill in the water but perhaps its my imagination as temps seem to remain(fairly)constant but I'd need a digital to be more accurate.....and yes,I think water temperature critical at this time of year hence my taking readings at every visit-fishing or no!

HOWEVER,I note with interest that the weather looks set to take a turn mid-week to milder,wetter weather so i could venture out Thurs/Fri..........and anyway I'm fed up with making floats!!

Last edited:

dannytaylor

Reaction score
I am fishing Sunday hair rigging a piece of lampray on a northern river - for chub!!

;)

Having a go for carp on the canal :eek: Found a spot where i can watch the carp feed and the canals dosent freeze unless the conditions are really harsh. Ive been trickling in crumbled up cell boilies and they are clearing it out even in the cold conditions, nothing massive but they are lovely gold coloured commons up too high doubles. I'll keep the bait going in and then give it a bash, just fishing short sessions.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
;)

Having a go for carp on the canal :eek: Found a spot where i can watch the carp feed and the canals dosent freeze unless the conditions are really harsh. Ive been trickling in crumbled up cell boilies and they are clearing it out even in the cold conditions, nothing massive but they are lovely gold coloured commons up too high doubles. I'll keep the bait going in and then give it a bash, just fishing short sessions.

good luck - carp in the snow is one on my wish list but a carp in these conditions is great:D

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I have the choice of 3 different venues for a match tomorrow.
1. GUC Tring (gudgeon and bits, no cafe, pools £5)
2. Commercial fishery Iver.(silvers or bust, no cafe, pools £20 )
3 Thames at Walton bridge (odds on blank, on site cafe ,pools £3)
After careful consideration I think it's going to be 3.
masochism maybe, but at least I can stuff my face with bacon burgers and hot tea........

quickcedo

Reaction score
Looked out of bedroom window this morning and thought NO IT'S FROZEN Oh Blast! Or words similar. Oh well try later or tomorrow

chav professor

Reaction score
The Chav is banging them out:j :D :D Had a 19lb 4oz Pike from the river this morning - which if you think about it is rather cruel don't you think?

Inching towards an end of season 20................

chav professor

Reaction score
Here goes, downloaded to photobucket. I think i just copy and paste the link, d@mn! wish I'd paid attention at school - ahhhhhhh. here goes

biggippingpike019.jpg picture by chavprofessor - Photobucket

Does this work?

Its a nice fish anyway - could go 22 or 23 with a bit of spawn.

Bugg@r! If you click on the top of the picture thingy it does take you to my photobucket page which has an image of the fish...............

Here it is!

biggippingpike019.jpg

In Photobucket, if you select "Direct Link" that will "Copy" the location.
Then in FM use the "Image" button - paste the link.

Last edited by a moderator: