Velcro

J

john ledger

Anyone recommend a jacket without the proverbial velcro.Everyone i look at including the one i own(Leon Grant)is all singing all dancing velcro and i hate the stuff

F

Fred Bonney

Not very helpful when you need a pee then John?.......painful ;o)

J

john ledger

Just dont like the stuff Fred and its very hard to find someone who does not use the stuff.There is no way i will buy the tribal gear unless for a fancy dress party

J

John McLaren

I agree with you John, seemed like a good idea but velcro is dreadful stuff for coat fastenings - catches on everything. The best I have seen is a Peter Storm Jacket I bought last year which only has short sections of velcro thus reducing the catching-up problem but its not ideal.

J

john ledger

John
Thanks for the info and may i be as bold as to ask how much you paid and where did you get the said article from.I usually pay around ?1oo or so and although Leon Grant make excellent garments i just dont want velcro,to be honest zips and press studs are much better

J

John McLaren

The jacket is one with a zip-in fleece, it isn't actually a fishing jacket but apart from not having many pockets it is perfectly adequate, colour is khaki green and buff (I think that's what they call it!) It was rrp of ?100 but I got it in the new year sales at one of the outdoor clothing stores (Millets)for ?50.

I've just remembered it has velcro on the cuff adjusters but so far that hasn't caused me any grief

J

john ledger

Thanks John
No doubt we will be getting velcro underpants next.Would like shares in the makers of velcro,must be like having shares in motorway cones