Choosing a reel : 2 options

Igor Golikov

Reaction score
Hi there:)
I have a strong dilemma : which one of 2 baitrunners to choose? Price is almost the same.
1. Grauvell zeus 5000 bvr
2. Shimano baitrunner gte b - new one

Grauvell offer big pit with baitrunner, more bearings , worm shaft system, but I never used it or even saw. Maybe there is a guy that used it? Any opinions? Actually I am looking for a reel for good casting distance but not for setting records and to be strong enough for good fish.
Another suggestions in price range up to 100GBP are welcome:)
PS. Shimano BioMaster Xt with baitrunner is also an option.
Best regards

D

DANNY BOY SMITH

id like to agree with the others but shimano are crap with after sales. twice i have bought shimano reels had to send them back for repair and been let down,having to waight nearly 2 months to get them back only for them to have the same problems again!
dont get me wrong shimano are bloody good reals but thats it.,dont count on aftersales help cos its crap.
id look round cos theres lots of good reels about from diawa to okuma, dont know much about gravall so cant help there mate.

B

Big Rik

and I've always found Shimano aftersales to top drawer, it was one of their main selling points a few years ago.
I haven't used them recently, but previously it was always, quick, efficient and cheap.

Liam Mccarlie

Reaction score
shimano shimano shimano.........
thats all every wants to use.
yes there good but look at the okuma range of big pit reels.
just as good but less price!!
hope you get what you want!!

Julian Parkin 2

Reaction score
Must agree with everyone here. Shimano all the way. Try looking at the 10Ks as well.

Just bought 3 Shimano XTA 8000 for my brother. Shame he knows what he's getting as I would keep them for myself!

S

Sage

I have to agree with the majority. I use Shimano's all the way, and when I broke a bale arm I got a replacement within a couple of days at a reasonable cost.

Great reels and great service!