PURE HEMP PRODUCTS

W

Wolfman Woody

I am alright on the other three products as I've used them all, by other manufacturers, in the past.

But has anyone ever done anything with a Hemp Paste before?

It's the bits left over after a pressing to extract the oil, apparently, and then whizzed up to break it all down into a fine gritty paste, although there is still a very high content of oil left in it.

Perhaps adding it to a cheese paste or something. Can anyone suggest?

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I've used the water from cooking hemp to make boilie paste with source mix, tandoori powder and egg.

Only made a small quantity to test them out but caught my pb chub and bream with it.

I may try making an exclusivly hemp based paste to try out this weekend or next, i'll keep you informed of what I don't catch.

:0)

W

Wolfman Woody

" may try making an exclusivly hemp based paste "

Don;t think you can with this stuff. I got a tub as it looked interesting. You'll need to add soemthing as a binder, but what?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'm using it as a boilie/pellet wrap. It breaks off quickly and puts that nice hempy smell down the swim. As Jeff says, you need to add something, probably fine bread crumb based groundbait, to be able to use it as a hookbait.

matt

Reaction score
Adding a milk powder such as five pints or marvel might do the trick

B

Bob Watson

I've had a few fish on the doppelganger hemp, I suppose this falls into the paste category. It worked out quite expensive though.

Lloyd Rush

Reaction score
I've just started testing the new hemp paste and it's great. More of the oils have been removed and with the addition of just a little water you have a perfect paste in seconds.

I've fished paste in matches for years and know that the new hemp paste will be a real winner. The original had too much oil in it and need too much work to make it into anything. I guess it will take a while for the new product to get onto the streets but watch out for it - it will blow alot of anglers away with it's quality.