Carp Show shuts Doors

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I was working at the Brentwood Carp show today, it was packed to the seams, so much so, that the doors had to be shut, and anglers had to wait outside until others left the show.

I have been to many many shows over the years, but this is a first.

Did any of you go, or get shut out.

Anyone going tomorrow, I will see you there.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Too far for me to go. Great news for the tackle industry if money was spent.

Money Spent, it was mad mate.

I was selling Free Spirit Gear Rods, etc etc.

Two of us sold 12 three rod set ups between us, plus a ton of other gear.

The cheapest set up was £900;00, and a couple went over £1,200;00, and anglers were paying cash.

Who said money was tight.

richardcrimp

Reaction score
I was there and doing my bit on the ECHO stand (Ruth will be doing the Sunday). It was silly this morning people were even struggling to walk round the place at around 10am, totally packed!

Richard

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
I was there and doing my bit on the ECHO stand (Ruth will be doing the Sunday). It was silly this morning people were even struggling to walk round the place at around 10am, totally packed!

Sounds a great success. What happened to the age of austerity!

With all that wonga swilling around, did you get many people to join? I’d like to think so.

And, although I hesitate to ask, was the ATr there?

Stu

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Well it was mad again today but not as mad as Saturday, by the afternoon it was just steady.

Didn't hear or see a sign that the ATr were there.

richardcrimp

Reaction score
AT weren't there Stu, but we naturally had a few leaflets of theirs to hand out, in amongst Cefas, bio-security and ECHO material. Unfortunately the ECHO stand tends to be a peculiar place during carp shows, the lads and lasses tend to avoid any eye contact with whoever is manning it and walk on by, however, when you leave the stand and observe the passers-by they then pick up the leaflets etc. (!!!???!!!)

It may become a part of the drill for us to leave the stand an jump on them when there least expecting it! Just kidding folks! lol

I didn't get anyone to join, but I'm rubbish at that sort of thing anyway, I'm much better talking in a down-to-earth manner regarding the issues than trying to get people to part with £20!

Richard