The V1 Ribble Fish In.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes it was a great day out for all of us.

You are right John we need to make plans for the next one, it isn't long off.
It was suggested that we all take some sort of food and beer, and have a giant piss up in the bunk barn about 10.30 ish.

We could have the fish in as usual, then back to the pub till about 10 or whatever.

I'll get a recipe off Ed and bring a couple or three pans of scouse.

What do you reckon?

CAT

Reaction score
Yeah, and lets have a FM T-Shirt for the biggest fish next year, lol

B

Big Swordsy :O)

Come on Graham send him a T-shirt!

No scouse!

I will do a Sheffield Stew with Hendersons relish and crusty bread

BUT

You lot wash the pots!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We will need a primus stove or two as there is only a microwave in the kitchen area.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Let me have your address in a PM Shane.

fishy pete

Reaction score
sounds good to me baz,february init? me and cat will have to stay over this time.

fishy pete

Reaction score
sheffield stew sounds good to me swordsy, forget the washing up though, will bring paper bowls!

J

john conway

A mass cook up in the bunkhouse after a load of beer, with primus stoves etc may be a big No No, hence the reason the cost of using the bunkhouse includes breakfast. If you remember the brewery wanted to close the bunkhouse last year because the old landlady, the one who did a runner, kept it in a poor state. The brewery was going to turn it into a couple of flats. Secondly I want to keep the fish-in social side open to those who can?t stay over night so the meal/beer in the pub just after the fishing is important and this formula has worked well over the last five fish-ins.

B

I liked the white Bull's food but if I was to be cooking I have portable electric gear....F Primus indoors, they would kill us all with carbon monoxide fumes

B

Seriously though cooking something one pot is not a problem for me at all to do but what about the people who dont like what i do....thats where a menu comes into its own !

Therefore I say we hit the WB at 8 for scran and be back in the bunkhouse for 10 for a shin-dig on asda lager at ?8 a case!

J

john conway

One compromise to get around the no cooking in the bunkhouse and lets say a better food choice in the White Bull? is;-
Meet up in the Black Bull as usual and book the bunkhouse, then back to White Bull after fishing for a couple of drinks and a meal for those who want one. About 9:30/10:00pm back to the Black Bull for the last hour or two before retiring to the bunkhouse. This way two pubs in the village get a bit of our custom and we get a greater choice of food, all be it a bit more expensive, and somewhere to sleep. Unfortunately things never stay the same but I don?t want to loose the convenience of the bunkhouse. So the reason for not eating in the Black Bull is, we want to spend more time fishing, and being an open forume thats as much as I'm willing to say.
What ever the out come there will be another Fish-in at the end of Feb 2005.

fishy pete

Reaction score
all sounds good to me John,watever happens mate.you can count me and cat in for fish-in and bunkhouse,cant wait!

J

john conway

Cheers Billy Boy, sounds like you've got your eye on those 6lb plus chub that could show if the weathers reasonable?

fishy pete

Reaction score
to right John, everytime me and cat go fishing,he always seems to catch biggest!got to beat him this time or i will never live it down!!lol

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea John. As you state the social after is a very important aspect of the fish-in.

Look forward to seeing you all again in Feb.

M

Martin Womble

I'm with John on this one, foget cooking in the bunk house let's stick to cheese bicci's and nibbles etc ho and plenty of beer.
martin

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's a good point John on not wanting to lose the convienience of the Black Bull.

maybe it was a bad idea, I'll go along with anything.

But,
5 pieces of sweetcorn about the same of sliced carrots and a sponfull of peas do not a side salad make.