Congratulations Ric

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Well done Ric. Part One reads like you've been writing for years. The article reminded me of so much that I'd already forgotten.

Roll on Part Two.

Paul Morley

Reaction score
Yep we look forward to 'The Himalaya Kid' in part two. The snoring was him.. he can put a surface ripple into 53 acres at night, I've seen it done..

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Me? snore? nah, it must be the hearing version of an optical illusion.

Thanks for the positive comments Bob. I've only written once before and that was several years ago. Part 2 will come along in due course!

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

A great article Ric and obviously a great experience.
That part of the Ganges does sound familiar
though. Wasn't it featured in a TV documentary about 10 years ago when a well known angler (I can't remember who) caught some really big mahseer?
Anyway I look forward to the next episode.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
You can book trips direct with Misty simply by logging on to www.himalayanoutback.com

Check out the site. Loads of information and good advice.

I'm heading down south in the early part of 2007 but I would advise anyone to take a crack at the North first. It's not as expensive as you might think and the whole experience is inspirational.

Why else would Stu and I go there twice in less than 7 months?

P

pons

Sorry to be pedantic,but that looks like a Fixed spool Bob is using,not a multiplier.

Great read,and what fighters they seem to be.
Pons

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Frank that's it, we were at the exact spot where Casting for Gold was filmed with John Bailey and Paul Boote. We even had the same fishing guide as they did, Sukwinder!

Well spotted Chris, I must have picked the wrong one. Easily done with over 500 pictures to choose from!

Paul Morley

Reaction score
One of the best debut features ever, readers?
Pretty good starting subject tho, how about tenching with crowquills, Ric... a handful of gentles strewn around a quivering orange tip (and also the float..)

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Nah my next one is likely to be advanced stret-pegging techniques. There again, I might do an instructional on producing the perfect springtip. Or perhaps how to catch Gudgeon on the Macclesfield Canal with my Edgar Sealey Blue Match Deluxe, Intrepid Boy'o and Newark Needle Float.