Recommendations for winter fisheries

Chris

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

my dad is taking me fishing over the christmas holidays, but sadly he isn't a fisherman so he doesn;t know where to go. Could any of you give me some recommendations for a carp fishery no more than an hour and a half away from Croydon in south London.

Tnanks for your input,

Chris

B

Bully

Is that Walthamstow Rik? He may not know the abbreviation if it is....

I'll get shot down for it, but you could try Bury Hill Fisheries, near Dorking. Depending on what size carp you are after, they have a good "match style" lake.

F

Frothey

if you can convince him to go a bit further thorpe lea will be good for a few runs

half an hour from croydon, rush hour you wont even make the m25!

Chris

Reaction score
i could stretch the mileage a bit if needed.
Bully, its ironic that Bury hill was one of the places i was trying to avoid.

B

Bully

I made a big mistake with Beaver Farm. My son (9 at the time) arranged to go with his friend and dad for a night there, with me.

Onto Google, Jacob at my side, typed in Beaver Farm.

Guess what the search came up with?!?!

B

Big Rik (ACA)

we've got a certain area at work where all the fit young birds work, we call it 'Beaver Creek'

Reaction score
Chris
A few good suggestions already but I would try Stubpond at Newchapel. Cracking fishery well stocked & run. I normally fish on Chart Lake - plenty of carp to around 10-12lbs or try Mill lake good for pole fishing or there is a specimen lake with plenty of big carp, catfish & zander. You shouldn't be disappointed
though.Website:http://www.stubpond.freeserve.co.uk/
Mike