BBC Countryfile tonight........

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
They obviously cut the "piece to camera" where Lee did the Vienese Waltz..........:D

Well done Lee, good job!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Interesting that a main stream program picked angling to help demonstrate the clean up of Sheffields rivers.

Lee did a short spot with that dancer bloke whilst fishing the Don. Nice little wild brown trout was the result.

Reaction score
It wasn't Lee....tackle and angler far too clean, no swearing and no sign of the the two sherpas who normally carry his gear - ( his wife and daughter) ....and those tv types need you to be on time....nah it wasn't Lee!!

great point Neil about the use of angling to illustrate the water quality improvement...and the caring way the trout was returned was excellent

Stuthebroo

Reaction score
That fella had more furniture on the bank than I have in my house. Good spot of angling tv

Have to agree with you there, as Matt Baker moved away from the swim I thought someone had set up shop the amount of gear Mr. Swords had with him. Guess he wasn't using a roving approach. Still it was a nice article and for once the Beeb not prejudiced against angling, should have got a few words in about not removing fish without consent.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Cheers for the kind words fellas!

(Tina was just out of shot)
(Olivia was gutted because she was at school...She tried to get the day off but if I am paying she is going)
(It was like a Korum brochure behind me....ALL the river gear was with me...even the fly tackle...come hell or high water there was going to be a catch shot)
( I even bought a "centerpin" in case I ended up trotting)

What I would suggest now is that we as anglers thank the BBC for including us and involving our opinions in thier programming schedules, maybe then they will see that we are a viable and valuable audience.

Cheers

Lee

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
What I would suggest now is that we as anglers thank the BBC for including us and involving our opinions in thier programming schedules,
Absolutely Lee. Smashing little cameo piece, bet they filmed a lot longer than it showed! hahahah! always does.

I have to write them anyway for showing the NFL playoffs, but I'd like it, for next year, if they'd show more of the regular games at a reasonable time, not 12:30 in the morning thanks! Will have to stay up for Superbowl though - 3:30 going to bed again!

Lee Swords

Reaction score
They arrived at the river almost 2 hours late...The clock was ticking...I had 1 hour to deliver the goods and the factory behind the river made so much noise that I needed to move swims. By the time the cameras began to roll I was down to 20 minutes...The fish cam on 5 minutes and I bumped one and lost another at the net...To say I was stressed is an understatement

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I'm surprised. It's not untypical to film for 4 hours only to use 1 minute of edited tape. I dred to think what time John Wilson put into some of his programmes, but Passion for Angling was severely edited and I'll bet much film still lies on Hugh Miles' floor.

You did well, Lee. Like I say, when's the series coming out? :D