Mike Wilson

jef bertels

Reaction score
If you're interested in carp angling history this might appeal to you...Mike Wilson is presenting an evening later this month.

Mike was catching big carp before the current crop of celebrity anglers were born. He was the cover shot of Carp Fisher issue number 1, helped set up the Carp Society and managed Savay. He is still catching fish and is a patron of the TAC.

You can hear all about the early days of carp angling and specimen hunting during an evening with him at the Bell Inn, Hampton, Surrey TW12 2EA on Wednesday Feb 16th, starting 7.30pm.

You will all be made welcome...

Last edited:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
over the last 4 months I have both met, and watched Mike fishing .
Some of his methods are both fascinating and certainly inspiring .

richardcrimp

Reaction score
Mike is naturally both a true gentleman and one of angling's pioneers, and I can only endorse Steve's recommendation to pop along to the Bell Inn, that's if you have even a mild interest in the history of our sport.

Richard

jef bertels

Reaction score
Thanks to Carp-Talk for a mention about Mike's night and also to Anglers Mail this week.

Hopefully see one or two FM'ers there :)

noknot

Reaction score
Indeed I would love to be there and meet and chat with Mike, as he has 100% respect from me for who his is, what he has done, and what he is still giving today! Well done Mike and keep up the great work! You Sir, are an inspiration to all, Alas I will not be there, no matter how much I would love to be, but 7,000 miles is a long way for a chat and a Beer! Have a great night all!:w