League Against Cruel Sports

K

Kevan Farmer

I've just received a message from a mailing list that I subscribe to. Apparently the 'League Against Cruel Sports' - LACS - are asking for donations to fund their fight against hunting, shooting and of course fishing. Ok, nothing really new in that. However, they may have both shot themselves in the proverbial foot - sorry, I couldn't resist the pun - and given anybody with a crafty mind a chance to hurt LACS in the pocket. The LACS have set up a 'FREEPOST' address from which to receive donations. This of course means that they pay for every letter or postcard they receive at this address. It's not a large amount per packet but it would certainly mount up. Of course, I'm in no way advocating anybody send a load of empty envelopes to the LACS.... I mean, I really wouldn't want to hurt their funding, would I?

If you wish to erm, donate :) the address is:

League Against Cruel Sports
Freepost SE5087
London
SE1 1 BR

It's marvellous how easy it is to fold a few hundred pieces of A4 paper into an envelope shape and stick some tape on the hold them together....

Again, I am not advocating anybody should do this but we are all able to make up our own minds on this one :)

W

Wolfman Woody

Of course you shouldn't advocate these kind of actions and shame on anyone that even considered doing so. ;-)

However, I wonder if LACS recycle all their waste paper? They might appreciate the odd bit of junk mail you receive, purely in order to make sure it is recycled of course. But then I wouldn't advocate doing that, you should recycle your own.

Another thing some unscrupulous people do is to obtain email addresses and post them on tasteless sites that you can find on the web. And I wouldn't advocate that either.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that some of those really unscrupulous folk out there might even consider sending the LACS all their old copies of AT/AM?

One at a time, of course ;-)

K

Kevan Farmer

Gaaahhhh! it looks like LACS are onto it already. Sorry guys.

http://tinyurl.com/89kzm

However, I have to question the claim made that it is illegal to send an empty envelope with nothing whatsoever other than the address on it. Since when? Please, never, ever contemplate sending anything obscene, poisonous etc through the postal system, they are illegal and I am not joking about it. Irrespective of the recipient think of the postal workers who are handling it.

So, as I said in my original post, I DO NOT advocate this campaign. We are all free to make up our own minds.

W

Wolfman Woody

Quite right Kevin. None of us should advocate such an act. Totally irresponsible.

Thank heavens we're all responsible people on this site.

BTW, I'd get that photo of you changed PDQ. It looks like it came from someone's criminal files.
All that's missing is the number underneath. :eek:)

J

jason fisher

waddya mean looks like it is one from his police file.

T

tom riordan

Why dont you all donate piles of your old workclothes to them and then they could sell them in their charity shops. Anybody figured out why it is illegal to send an empty envelope yet? I think if I were to be taken to crown court, my defence would be that I simply forget to put my 2p donation into the envelope. I am quaking in fear lest the police come round tonight and kick my door in and take me away because I posted an empty envelope to my Aunt Maud, the christmas card is still on my desk.

T

tom riordan

hehe, you could always put, if undelivered please return to :- now what was that animal liberation womans name in America called?

C

Cliff Hatton

...lovely...I just spilt me tea!
Yeah, I'm all for it! I trust everyone will do their bit.

K

Kevan Farmer

Oi, I'll 'ave you lot know that my photo was took about 10 or 11 years ago now :) I just don't like my picture being taken.

The number underneath should be something 666....or so my missus thinks anyway ;-))))

W

Wolfman Woody

"I'll 'ave you lot know that my photo was took about 10 or 11 years ago now :)"

Christ, that's one hell of a stretch, what did you do? Murder a pint?