first double

Tony Hyland 2

Reaction score
hi just joined the fourm,had a look round the site very very good.i have just started fishing about 2years ago and love it,my biggest carp to date is 8lb 4oz,i have tried for so long to catch my first double,but no luck,i pool fish a lot,and some times on the fedder,am i doing something wrong.i have joined a club,dont do to bad but i have never won prize money.any tips to help me,would be very greatfull,kepp up the good work on the fourm

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi Tony and welcome to the site. There are some excellent articles on the site, type what you are looking for in the Search box on the Home Page.
Hopefully This will help you out.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Just as Byron says; you can't catch fish that are not there.

Tony Hyland 2

Reaction score
sorry im late replying to you lot,iwas having trouble wite the net.i fish at fox hills,there are some big lumps in there,25lb,and up.iuse abeast master pole iuse hook to nylon,size 16 to 20 hooks.i have been busted lots of times,some times i play the fish for 15mins or more then bang ineed some help and advice.im going fishing thursday any help you give me i will use it next time,thanks u lot

B

Bill Cox

Yes i will give you some advice Tony!! Don't fish for large carp with a pole. It nearly always ends up as you have found to your cost with a stressed carp trailing a hooklink. If you want to fish for anything over 7lbs then buy a rod and reel and fish safely.