Sometimes Its a Pleasure

N

NottmDon

Having had more than my share of numpties setting up around me this season it was nice to meet someone from the FM site the other night on the Trent. Being greeted with a friendly hello and then being asked if I minded if the guy pegged up near me is something that frankly I am not used to!
I guess,that like me,Paul and his mate were fishing more in hope as the weather really wasn't fit to catch, being bitterly cold,and the water as clear as crystal. However just a general natter about barbel and an adapted pod Paul was using broke the early evening session up nicely. Cant remember Pauls last name but he was a member of the Barbel Society and his mate was a dead ringer for Graham Marsden in the half light ( and yes I do get me specs at specsavers lol).
I have not had many dealings with Barbel Society members because I have found,in the past, that some have had their sense of humour removed and take life just a bit too seriously. Having said that I have to remark that if other BS members are as open,friendly and affable as Paul then its a society I may well look a little closer at.

F

Fred Bonney

Don,when I first joined,I found most of them I met, were.
I'm still meeting new friends on a regular basis,nobody is forced to act or do anything in any particular way.
You make of it,or give to it, what you want.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

You don't get a more affible member of the BS as my friend - The Burmese Barbeller.

T

Tony Rocca

I,ll second that Ron, he knows how to catch on or two aswell.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Its good to hear of a good tale about barbel anglers on the Trent. A lot of bad press lately conserning barbel anglers on there.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Most of the barbellers I have met on the Trent have been great people. We have had a good time together.

Except for the one time some stupid pratt let off fireworks""

D

DANNY BOY SMITH

fireworks !
something people who enjoy a spot of quiet fishing can do without.

T

Tony Rocca

Except at midnight on the 16th June, worth a little bang I think.

L

Lee Fletcher 1

Dear All,

I had someone set up near me the other night, couldn't quite make out who it was because he/she was around three quarters of a mile away. I'm considering moving stretches if its going to be getting that busy.

Regards,

Lee.

N

NottmDon

Nowt worse than being crowded like that Lee you should have walked up and asked if they had a license it might have scared em enough to pack up and give you a little casting room :)