stunning floats

flightliner

Reaction score
albums
Hope this gets to the original thread "stunning floats" if not apologies, simply read as if it is. Shown (hopefully) are a few four no 4 crowquill avons I knocked up when we had the snow, they are made from both balsa and blue polystyrene with some having shouldered bodies and others tapered ones.The paint jobs are simply to try and cover differant light situations.

Sorry all , another fine mess-- I give up!!!

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I hope you don't give up as I would really like to see your floats-please try again or see me after school!!

I'm intrigued by the blue polystyrene bit..not a material I have used in float construction but as with all thing'float'I am willing to learn from those with more experience....

I suppose the'proof of the pudding is in the eating'so I have to ask if you have used them and did they work as you expected??I must say I always feel slightly relieved once a float has worked under battle conditions...

Good luck with the loading of the pics-I don't envy you that task!!

flightliner

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply TC, ok- give me a day or so and I will try again, as you say good luck is whats needed.Re the blue polystyrene, yes I used the floats the other day and they are a joy. The poly ones I find much harder to shape but as the stuff was just waiting in a skip to be "ratted" it seemed a shame to let it go by without re-cycling it sooner than go to landfill. We used to use it back in the sixties for floatmaking but I think it fell out of favour as its such a b----r to work with. If it were possible to find where you are I would send you one if (its a big "If") I ever make any again. Right now I am right out of crowquills which reminds me I must have a word with my friend on the farm.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
The easiest way to post a pic now seems to be to upload them to your gallery on here. Click on User CP in the lower of the menu bars above. You'll then get your User Control Panel. Scroll down the menu on the left hand side and you'll see 'Pictures and Albums' Upload your picture from your PC and they will be available when you create a thread or reply to one (just below the smilies on the right)

Like this

Not all my pics show though, which is a bit of a mystery!

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
Thanks for that Shaun, I have done the uploading pictures bit-- it was very easy- now I will try and reply to the original Stunning Floats thread. wish me luck.