Line Angles

C

Cakey

been reading about line angles....
well known angler says changing swims to change line angles can catch out wary fish (still fishing to same spot)
I dont believe it myself surely our lines are treated as snags and are ignored, unless your line is invisible which could then spook the fish

views please

B

Bully

Cakey - I suppose if there is a chance that a different angle means the fish is approaching without coming across the line (i.e. a normal patrol route that means it approaches "head on") could make sense. But if you have nailed the line down this should make a jot of difference?

Personally I think its the usual old drivel touted out by "names" trying to justify being paid to air views or support their sponsors by getting the press.

Most fads are total bollocks in my opinion.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Watching the new Korda dvd showed that they did not bother about the rig as long as it was pinned down. It was more the resistance they felt when taking the bait that spooked them.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I'm convinced that fish that know they are being fished for are put on edge and therefore become harder to catch.

Lines can act as barriers and spooky fish will often turn away from lines crossing their paths. Different angles may well make a difference in some circumstances.

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
Dont think its as much the angle of the line its more the direction at which they aproach the rig for some reason they seem to get away with it more if they approach from behind the lead

B

Bob Watson

I read the same article, I would think if a fish is gonna spook from a line, it'll spook from it regardless of the angle. Running out of subjects to write about methinks!

C

Cakey

I can that mr carp might have a route that he follows and one day theres no line and he aint seen the line coming from a different angle (I would call it direction )but I still dont think mr carp thinks oh theres no angler here today I might feed !

B

Bill Cox

Taking a simplistic view maybe mr carp thinks i'm a tad peckish today i'll try a bit of this, another day he thinks nah not hungry. another day he thinks frig me i'm starving lets have it large.

S

Sage

Did the well known angler say if he was fishing running leads or slack lines? if the fish patrol in a certain direction I can see that bite indication may be better if the fish naturally moves away from the lead. If a bolt rig is in use, I can't see any difference unless the fish hits the line and spooks.

sometimes I get the feeling they just have to write "something". Perhaps they get extra money based on the amount of lines they have in the mags....