Trotting in Hampshire

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody out there can suggest some locations were i might be able to do a bit of trotting while visiting a mate over xmas .
Thought about Throop any suggestions on swims etc would be appreciated.

Any suggestions on tackle etc would also be welcome. I have a 13/15 foot stick float rod and a 13 foot power float.

B

Big Rik

Only just seen this Bryan, why not try the Avon at Fordingbridge Rec?

Good stick water with trotting on the inside line.

Monster roach if you can find them.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Cheers Ric. Mark Wintle emailed me and we are having a session or two together during the week.

Hope you have a good xmas and new year mate. Sorry to hear you are working Xmas day.

B

Big Rik

Hope you have a good one mate.
Mail me your whereabouts for the week and I'll try and free myself up to try and catch up with you.

stuart clough

Reaction score
As I am sure Mark will point out Throop is actually in Dorset. (good trotting potential on beat 2, and by the "V" tree on beat 3)

Day ticket trotting:

If it is cold and clear then Lower Itchen fishery is your best bet - plenty of grayling, odd chub.

The Test at Timsbury is a good bet for roach and dace with some grayling.

If there is some rain then one of the Avon tributaries will be well worth a try - The Bickerley gets my vote, but the others are also good.

Good luck.

B

Big Rik

there's better trotting at the lower end of beat 3, above the golf course weir, slower and deeper, plenty of silvers at this time of year, with the odd big bream.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Rik have sent you a personel email.

Stuart were do you get ticket for Test. Are they available on the bank or local tackle shop. Would not mind a session for Grayling.