hand lines

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
well its finally happened i`m sorry to say!!!
a work mate who fishes the river ise/ise brook has come across two hand lines staked into the river bank.he has also noticed that three of the five most productive swims he fishes seem to be void of the chub and roach that are regulary caught there.the ise throws up the occasional rainbow trout that escapes from the duke of buccleuch`s estate but i for one minute dont believe that these lines have been set for them.
you can make your own minds up as to who ise responsible....i have already made mine up!!!
i have fished the ise on and off now for thirty plus years,many a trip was made with my father and i used to sit in awe of the huge dog roach him and his friends used to land and we are talking specimens nudging the three pound mark.
it bloody angers and upsets me to see this happening but what can we do to stop it???
the enviroment agency seem powerless to stop it and the police are a complete waste of space.it seems the only way is for the angler to police the bankside and if theses bastards are caught,then give them the hiding they deserve!!! only then will they realise that what they are doing is wrong and has to stop!!!
i forgot to mention that the stretch in question is heading towards kettering from the warkton village road bridge.

M

madpiker

my mate phoned the EA hotline the other day ,as he witnessed someone trying to set a net on the river sowey in somerset.hopefully,the bailiffs caught whoever it was.
the police don`t want to know about coarse fish poaching,and you rarely see an EA bailiff out on the banks .rest assured,if salmon were being poached,they`d find the manpower to stop that.
it begs the question."just why do we have to pay good money for a rod licence,when little or nothing is being done to protect our fisheries from fishmongers?"

C

Chub King

I'm beginning to think that we should bypass them all (the EA and the Police) and go straight to our MPs. Write and complain that our fish stocks aren't being adequately protected and that we want action or else we'll refuse to pay a tax for the privilege of fishing. (My opinion)
I'd probably practise this as protest over the issue of fish theft/removal if it didn't mean losing my job if I got caught fishing without a licence!
The threat IS bigger than cormorants. There is presently a global threat to freshwater fish because of man over-exploiting them for food.