jon cotton

M

madpiker

our good friend and angler jon cotton has sadly died following an accident.he was only 36 yrs old.
his funeral takes place on friday 23rd dec 2005 @ 10-45 am,at st andrews church burnham on sea somerset.

B

BAZ (Woodys Twin the Sycophant

I will be thinking of Jon and his family at this time.

J

jason fisher

i'll do the best tribute to him i can think of and go piking, hopefully i'll catch him a lump.

condolences to his family.

fred hall

Reaction score
In this age of obsession with totally meaningless "celebrities" it is reassuring to see that anglers on this forum have a grip on reality and the things that matter.
I never knew Jon but, 36 years old, I can say this is a genuine tragedy and send my condolences. Thank you madpiker for highlighting proper news.

M

madpiker

thankyou fred.
i can tell you all that well over 100 people attended the church service today.pike anglers that knew Jon travelled from taunton,bridgwater,bristol and exeter to pay their last respects.what choked me was the bravery of his younger sister,although she was distraught,she managed to tell the congregation what it was like being jons` little sister,she also read a poem that his father chose.a very brave young lady indeed.the vicar also told us that Jon was an organ donor and his father had recieved a letter from the transplant people telling him that Jons generosity in carrying a donor card resulted in two peoples lives being made a lot better because of it.
i sincerely hope that his family gain some comfort from the amount of people that attended his funeral.
jon was well liked by a lot of people and will be sadly missed.
RIP JON MATEY.

C

Chris Bishop

Pete,

Can you e-mail me an address to send a card.

Rgds,

Chris Bishop

T

The Piker

Pete,would you e-mail me an address also please mate.I am stunned by this sad death,and have shed a tear,and ask why?????????????