A Fine to Fit the Crime(At Last)

J

john ledger

Reported in the Sheffield Star today a motorist in Barnsley fined ?360 in total for throwing an empty cig packet out of the window of his car. He did not pay the initial ?50 fine so they hammered him.Pity it was not a ?1000,now lets get tough with the illegal dumpers that blight our countryside
Also lets get tough with with those excuses for anglers that do the same to our riverbanks or any other type of fishery

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

I agree but wouldn't it be nice if they got as tough with the real criminals.

E

EC

Problem is with fines lads is that if the person being fined is a bit of a lazy barsteward waster, then he or she won't pay, then will get 30 days, and happily do 10-14 days at our expense.

Chain gangs are where its at!

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
Fine him , confiscate his car , then see if he does it again ......
Still when they ban smoking ..... and whack up the price of petrol & road tax!

P

Phil Hackett HC/PCPL with Pride

John I agree with your comments so far 100% We can at times agree on somethings :0)

Smokedodger

Reaction score
Chain Gangs!!!
Now you're talking Eddie,my type of
thinking as well.

T

The Monk

chain gang, what on tax payers money, no way, hang the bast**rd, that way you`ll guarantee he doesnt do it again

T

tom riordan

Hangings a bit harsh for his first offence Monk, I always err on the lenient side for first time offenders and taking into consideration his previous good behaviour I reckon 40 lashes with a metre length of barbed wire would wake his ideas up and his back should then be tenderly swabbed down with vinegar just to show that we care about him. Seriously though it is nice to see a proactive magistrate, the scroat was given a light fine as a bit of a bollocking, decided to be a clever twat and has now been whacked with a big one, I hope he defaults on his fine and has to face the same magistrate again. Eddie C I also would like the chaingangs being brought back into use, cant beat a bit of rockbusting, much better than lying around a cell all day watching telly.

J

john ledger

Personally i would fine ?1oo on the spot for dropping cig buts.The people that make me sick are the ones that dump the old beds fridges etc all around our country lanes,these people should be put down.
Remember giving my mate a good bollocking for dropping his cig buts in the river about 20years ago,he thought i had gone mad but i never took him again.
If we can use cameras for motorist we should use them for litter louts

L

Laurie Harper

I reckon people should be made to eat any litter they drop. Could be interesting watching someone who's been caught dumping a fridge-freezer...

Merry Christmas and good will to all, well almost all, men.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
John.
You are dead right. I hate to see litter and sundry debris adorning our banksides and plastic crap clinging to trees and bushes.Its hard to come to terms with the mentality of fellow anglers who do this to the environment. If caught they should have their tackle confiscated and heavily fined and banned from ever fishing again. However as we all know this scenario is unworkable they should made to clear it up 2 or 3 miles either side of the peg they were fishing from. Wishful thinking.

T

The Monk

In Rochdale they have to pay a ?40 fine for dropping litter, not before time either. The litter wardens do an excellent job and even go round the local school ytalikg to the children about littering. The Government have given all local councils the powers to impliment on the spot litter fines, but few councils appear to have taken this up?

I really have no time for litter bugs, they have no respect for the rest of us, I also hate people who bend the pages of library books, these p[oel really are the scum of the earth, especially in the case of the the out of print books which I usually forget to take back.

J

john ledger

The police in Sheffield have now got powers to remove people drinking in the streets which is another blight on society.
nothing worse than seeing Mr Yob shuffling around head down with his green bottle in hand.
Personally i hate to see people drinking straight from the bottle or cans in pubs and would like to see that banned.
Nothing worse than seeing a young woman drinking from the bottle especially if she is an ugly git

J

john ledger

I would also like to see the Monk banned from all public lavatories sorry i meant librarys

T

The Monk

haha, I hope the police dont get the powers to remove drunken carp anglers from their bivvies

must say John, I have seen some young women do really interesting things with bottles!
not sure if they were ugly or not, I dont usually get as far as the face

J

john ledger

Once again the Monk has ruined the thread,just cannot take the man anywhere.
Where about did you see these women Monk,bell me and i will come over sharpish

Charlie Morris

Reaction score
I agree John. the captains pit in wallasey wirral were I fish. the anglers leave enough rubbish. the yobs go around and throw the rubbish bins in. I would like to see them all fishermen and yobs that mess up our waters. put in old fashion stocks. for the public to see and throw rubish at them for all to see.