how many rods?

S

Sage

The club I fish has a two rod rule, so that is what I normally use. For a week at Redmire I was allowed four rods...but I could never find four spots that I wanted to fish from one swim. At times I ended up fishing just two.

Do you think that your chances increase with the more baits out? is it counter-productive to have too many lines in the water?

Would we fish better if we just used one rod and put extra effort into that one?

Malc Bason

Reaction score
It depends very much on the water mate.

With runs a plenty you don't want more than two, but a big warer where a couple of runs a year a year is the norm, then more rods can help.

Why put a lot of effort into just one rod? If you are fishing 1, 2, 3 or 4 rods, you should be putting the same amount of effort into each!

N

NottmDon

Must say I agree with Malc. Two rods can equal two different baits,two different rigs etc. Its just another string in your bow. I honestly doubt I would be able to fish four rods though and I take my hat off to anyone who can fish in a comfortable fashion with more than a couple of lines out.Earlier this season my son witnessed a guy occupying two swims on the Trent with two lots of four rods out complete with alarms pods etc,and yes there was only one guy fishing. Against the local byelaws and, in my opinion a recipe for disaster. I may be wrong but I think it states two rods is the maximum on one license thereafter you need another license and can only fish a further one rod (three in total) no more.

B

Big Rik

That's incorrect Dom, national rule was bought in by the EA, that it's a four rod maximum, requiring 2 licences.

Club or day ticket rules may be different.