Angling Talks

dannytaylor

Reaction score
Went to my local PAC regions monthly meeting this week and there was a talk about Eels by Barry Mc Connell. This bloke is a top Eel angler and the inventor of the "roll-over" indicator. Have to say that this was one of the most inspirational talks Ive ever heard and id now class Barry as one of the last true pioneers of coarse angling!

Which speakers/talks do FM users rate and recommend.

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
I've not been to any particular talks by any anglers but have seen demonstrations and talks when at Game and Country fairs or fishing shows. people of note are Barrie Rickards, Bob Nudd, Hywell Morgan, Jan Porter (nice guy who spoke to me and my mates at one show before he went to do his demo, this was just general chatter), John Tyzack who I spoke with at length whilst he was tying flies (his mate Deano was too busy texting on his mobile), Charles Jardine, Bob James and one guy who I spoke to whilst I was fishing and was also the bailiff for the river, it was later on in the year that he gave a demo that saw Jack Martin.

Reaction score
Went to my local PAC regions monthly meeting this week and there was a talk about Eels by Barry Mc Connell. This bloke is a top Eel angler and the inventor of the "roll-over" indicator. Have to say that this was one of the most inspirational talks Ive ever heard and id now class Barry as one of the last true pioneers of coarse angling!

Which speakers/talks do FM users rate and recommend.

LOL! You should have come down the SW PAC region!

Me and Lunghi Jim did a talk on zander fishing on the Severn which I entitled 'Enigmatic Bar Stewards!' (well not exactly, but you get the idea!) :)

I bet you got a lot more sense out of Barry, I met him a couple of years back at PAC30 Stoneleigh; a proper angler with a proper passion for his sport!

His 9lber last year must be in the top ten captures of the last 50 years!

My favourite speakers would include Mick Brown and Derek Gibson; top blokes who really know what they're on about.