Christmas time.....

K

Kevin Perkins

'Tis the season be jolly......

Really....?

Perhaps it's just me, but there appear to be a number of threads on the forums lately that get quite vitriolic in their content 'Bob Roberts' being a current prime example.

Is this really the place to air what appears to be quite personal attacks and/or vendettas against fellow anglers?

I enjoy(ed)FM for the sense of community spirit it brings to a fairly disjointed bunch of people. In return, and almost by way of payment for being alowed to become a part of this community, I (as do many others, far better qualified than me) contribute articles for the 'enjoyment' of others on this site

As those other contributors will confirm, this takes up a fair amount of our spare time, which is freely given, but I am not sure that may now always be the case if the emphasis of what the site is about has shifted

As for my part, I am saddened by this 'dark side' of the site, in particular, the way it seems to be an ever-increasing part of what is happening on FM.

In this supposed season of 'Goodwill to all men' is in possible to ask that we could keep the majority of items to fishing related subjects - or is that to much to ask?

F

Fred Bonney

Kevin couldn't agree more.
The world and this site, would be a far happier place if petty jeolousy by those who know very little, when it comes to facts,were to just get on with life and not try to interfere with those, who they seem to think, have a better life.
My mission, is to try and stop them getting away with it, because they shout louder.

So,peace and love to everybody.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I tend to agree with you Kevin. I said much the same thing as yourself a couple of weeks ago, and caused myself some problems with it.

Although like many others on here, I do enjoy the craik on bait box, different to what you are saying I think, but the balance does need to be addressed.

<u>Wandering slightly now.</u>
It has been said before on the carp section (about 18 months ago), how many times can we discuss a bolt or running rig? Personally this is where I think the problem lies.
The fishing weeklies/monthlys are the same now as they were five years ago, nothing has changed. But now and again, somebody comes up with a slightly different slant on things.
If we all make a concerted effort, no matter how small, let?s see what the New Year brings.

I think this thread should be treated as a wake up call to everybody

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I fully agree with all three of you. Angling is no more than a hobby, a pastime, a thing we do which is totally different to the other mundane aspects of life which provide us with a living.

Sure, many of us find that angling is more than just a pastime. And I count myself as one of those here. To a few of us angling can become an obsession.

But to put things in perspective. let's all of us wish each other a Very Merry Christmas and a fish filled New Year.

And of course, we all like to partake in a little banter from time to time.

Nothing wrong with that of course, but we should all learn to distinguish between the banter and the serious stuff.

A Very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to All.

E

EC

Fair points Kev, but I think one must ask why and where much of this back biting started, without trying to fan the flames at the same time?

As a sometimes amused, sometimes bemused and all to often lately, very bored onlooker, there have, in the last few months been articles and threads aimed personally at individuals or groups, from this inevitably comes reply, counter reply, and so the points scoring exercises carry on.

You mention Bob, I have no axe to grind with him at all, but his Mr Angry articles regardless of their accuracy or not, and the rights and wrongs therein effectively name names and don't show some people or groups in a wholly positive light! So when that happens those that have been named are going to respond, its as simple as that mate, you or I, I suspect would do the same!

However maybe a new year might bring us a new start, or something like that!

P

Phil Hackett HC/PCPL with Pride

Fred as part of this is aimed at me for what I said on another thread (Dear Mr. Roberts) you can?t then pretend you?re all sweetness and light on this thread.

Is it not true you sublet from Barnsley and District 27 pegs at Fiskerton Weir for a night syndicate?

Is not also true the club has a no night fishing rule for its members?

Is it also not true that you have never answered any of the legitimate questions BR posed to you about your sublet in Mr Angry! - Awaiting part two thread?

As you think, I and others who have criticised you, don?t know the facts, despite your good self and others from your group attempting at length, to justify you actions (Mr Angry! - Awaiting part two?).
I invite you over this festive season of goodwill to all men, to inform us what the FACTS are from your perspective, so we are no longer ill informed.

So Fred as it?s often said, there?s two side to a story. So lets be having yours then!

Without which one can only assume you used dirty underhand tactics to prise away from the members of B&DAA fishing they own and were entitled too.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Kevin, you are leaning on an open door with me mate, some people think I'm being a silly old fool on the odd occasion I rail against these slanging match threads that crop up on here. Theres a very distinct line between a bit of friendly mick taking and the sort of nasty flack thats thrown back and forth sometimes on here now and I, like you, think it does this otherwise interesting and worthwhile site a great disservice.

F

Fred Bonney

Sorry Kevin.

Phil
No pretence from me,you weren't included.
I'll answer your first question...no.
Your second ...yes
Your third there have been no legitimate questions, as the people asking have no right to know!They wouldn't ask if they were BDAA members
Ditto question four,if your not a BDAA member,what's it to you?
As to your final comment,you do not know the facts,if you were a BDAA member you would.
So,mind your own business, go and agitate somewhere else.

P

Phil Hackett HC/PCPL with Pride

Well Fred I guess people will make their own minds up about what you say in future about BR and the fishery.

When it gets sticky pull the shutter down eh Fred?

No why do I wonder there's a soft underbelly there?

F

Fred Bonney

Shut him up didn't it?
Read from his response what you will.
To all those interested,we have nothing to hide, let's just hope it now goes away.
Apologies again Kevin,hope you get your thread back.

T

Tony Rocca

Crikey Phil, do you not have manners, you hijack another thread, glad I dont live in your street, bet those curtains are a twitchin all the time.

For your information I lease the HPS water, me personally, so in future put your questions to me so I can have the pleasure of telling you to mind your own.

I have to say you really are one of the saddest individuals I have ever come across on this tinternet thingumy, go fishing and have a laugh, lifes too short for this rubbish.

CAT

Reaction score
Phil & Fred i have an idea!

Why dont you have a fishing competition to settle this score?

Like Kev is trying to say let the fishing do the talking in 2006.

Merry Christmas

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

The hi-jacking of this thread proves Kevin's point. I think he's owed an apology.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Have you noticed how people, when they meet, are generally polite and tolerant of each other?

This medium gives the opportunity to behave completely differently. I suppose it's easy to get drawn into it.

I try to avoid it, if possible.

Merry Christmas to all, even if you don't share my views

F

Fred Bonney

Well guys for my part, this has finished and just to set matters straight;
You guys wouldn't, so, I'm certainly not letting anybody get away with posting false accusations against me.
Tony and I, have apologised,to Kevin.

Have a great christmas