Carp Rods

Darren Lewis

Reaction score
hey guys

i have just got some money for xmas and id like to buy two new carp rods 2.5 test curve

please could you tell me what rods you would recommend for around ?50

thanks for any replies

B

Big Rik

?50 each or for the pair?
Through action or tippy?
Length?
Shop or mail order?

Darren Lewis

Reaction score
thanks for your reply Big Rik

im looking to buy a rod which is around ?50 each, 12ft long and to buy in the shop

but could you please explain what you mean in the difference between through action and tippy please

thanks Darren

B

Big Rik

through action will be a softer rod, more suitable for smaller venues or venues without snags, but more suitable for lobbing bags and feeders (lobbing, not punching), whereas a tip action rod will be more akin to punching leads or small bags further out.

Darren Lewis

Reaction score
we dont fish many big waters but with the rods i have got (nash outlaw) i find it difficult to cast well with a PVA bags.
i usually fish with 1 rod in the margins.

B

Big Rik

What TC are the Outlaws, as the rods you've got wont be much different to what you're going to buy quality and action wise.
Most rods in that bracket are of cheaper grade materials, so all tend to be through action anyway.

My suggestion is to save some more and upgrade a decent notch, rods in the ?80 to ?100 range will be so much more superior.

Darren Lewis

Reaction score
Thanks Rik

maybe your right il have to give it some further thought.

Darren

E

EC

Or you could buy 1 good rod now, if you were going to spend ?50 each on 2 rods, maybe get 1 for ?80-?100.

Might be worth having a look around though, as some shops will deffo have sales on, even if its last years model, I would have thought you might get something within or close your price range!

William Foxall

Reaction score
darren take a look at some of the fox range they fetched some decent rods early this year for people on a budget, use them my self not bad rods.

Darren Lewis

Reaction score
thanks guys for the replies

looks like i got a bit more thinking to do

thanks Darren

ByNasty

Reaction score
Darren, have a look at Chapmans angling in the sale section because they are doing TFG whispers in 2.5 and 2.75 t.c. for ?50 instead of ?100. I've got a TFG Intruder which I rate well and was contemplating upgrading cos I've heard very good things about the whispers. Damned finances screwed that plan up though!