drinking and fishing

Tony Hyland 2

Reaction score
i was in my local yesterday,some of the lads were going fishing,and were takeing some cans with them.i thought drinking was banden when fishing,drinking and fishing do not go together,so who patrols the rivers or still waters,if they want a drink they should go to there local,and leave us to fish and enjoy it.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a drink in moderation whilst fishing mate.

I like to go fishing overnight or for the weekend after a hard day/week at work. A couple of beers helps me unwind, combine that fishing - perfect way to relax.

Tony Hyland 2

Reaction score
nothing wrong with that,but how many times have you seen beer cans all over the place,plus the noise they make disturbing others.if your night fishing,a few cans is all right,as long as you take your rubbish home

Malc Bason

Reaction score
I fish on a syndicate and a few club lakes, and I have never yet witnessed beer cans all over the place!

Nor have I ever found rubbish all over the place.

But then, I guess I am just very choosy about where I fish!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Unfortunately I visit waters where beer cans are thrown all over the place.
That is why my club has now got a zero tollerence on cans of any type being taken onto a water.
As usual, the minority spoil it for the rest of us.

W

Wolfman Woody

I agree with Malc, but then there's decent sensible people and assholes.

Unfortunately, drink or no drink, assholes will always be assholes.

L

Les Clark

I string all my cans around my bivvy ,cheap alarm system lol.

P

paul williams 2

Woody is sock on.....nothing wrong with a couple of cans when you are on a long summer session, but assholes always wreck it!

steve B

Reaction score
I iove a pint cakey but not while i'm fishing there,s a time and place for everything

steve B

Reaction score
Not at all woody . just when i'm freezing my balls off fishing on the wensum the last thing i want is a beer

P

Phil Hackett HC/PCPL, SCT with Pride

Those who drink on my club's waters take your filth with you when you go home. Or I'll remove you card to HQ, no if no buts, It really is that simple.

Baz might joke about lifting cards at times. I don't! If I find any sh1t near where you're fishing your card's gone.

S

Stuart Harvey

can't see the problem with having a few bevvies. as long as you're not interfering with others and still able to handle fish properly, whats wrong with a few stellas.

actually wine is better than beer as it makes you pee less and therefore you not climbing in and out of your bivvy through the night.

S

sash

Here we go, bloody do-gooders again. So instead of having a go at all those anglers that like to have a drink when they're fishing that do it in moderation and take all their rubbish home, why not get to the crux of the issue, ie the p***heads that leave rubbish everywhere. Why spoil every decent person's life because of the scum?