Alarming Advice!

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Paul,

I bought some cheap alarms at the begining of the year, they were okay for a while, worked afetr a fashion, althought they never went through a downpour. Then they started to play up and it got me thinking, what would happen if the alarm didnt go off once? Bad news!

So I bought a couple of old second hand delkims off ebay, they cost me ?40 each. Although they are apparently about 10 years old, they are in perfect working order and I now know that nothing can move my line more than a couple of mill's either way without me being alerted.

In short, Buy some delkims, second hand if you have to.

M

madpiker

i bought some used delkims a few years ago and in my opinion,they are the best alarms available.
if you are on a tight budget,have a look at the pro logic alarms that are compact and have a round shape.pike lines and pike and pred mags gave good reports about these alarms.they have volume,tone and sensitivity controls and cost ?24.99.
the fox predator alarms are pretty good if you prefer the rear bankstick mounted drop off type of alarm.

catman

Reaction score
fox micron m. they have unparralelled performance, quality and appearance. they are shower proof and virtually waterproof. i've dropped mine in the lake and they were fine. they have a long battery life and have the nicest sound of all the bite alarms. the best bit is you can expect to pay a maximum of ?22!

Mike Redding

Reaction score
My Fox Micron M's have been perfectly reliable so far and come recommended. Simple, fuss free and they beep when your line moves - what more can you ask for ?22.

However, if you get these alarms the optional hard case is a necessity (and 5 or 6 pounds-ish extra). Otherwise, the on switch is vulnerable to being turned on when the alarms are in storage or transit.

Mike.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I got three of these alarms second hand early this year for ?35 with hard cases, no complaints so far.
I got them off one of the lads who was upgrading. They'll doofer me.