Cold weather Carp fishing.

A5HL3Y

Reaction score
All being well I will be going Carp fishing tomorrow. I have all my tackle sorted and have spent all day doing it, problem is the weather.

As you all know its being snowing, nightmare. I am completely prepared for the coldest conditions and will be tricking my bivvy out to match - but I'm wondering whether I'm wasting my time. I don't want to go and freeze my Bo**ocks off for the sake of it, I want a fish - and i have serios doubts as to whether i'll get one (providing that the lake isn't frozen over so i can get my bait in).

does anyone have any suggestions that could help me catch, or just strong advice as to why i should/should not go?

thanks...

B

Bill Cox

a small explosive charge of dynamite would not only break any ice but would bring loads of fish to the surface. scoop em out set your self timer and lay down amonst them. Send the prints to the angling press and bask in the glory. Other then that hope somthing picks up your bait like the rest of us.Lol

C

Cakey

love it Bill...................dynamite baits for the best dynamite ??

B

Big Rik

Ashley, of course it's worth going, all you need is a good bait,

You need to use a base mix i.e. a flavoured base mix - corn flour. mix with egg and water and flavourings till in a state of thick sticky...ness. shape mix into boilie shape lower into boiling water on a chip-pan thingy. and leave to boil for 2-3 minutes if the shell isnt hard enough leave them in a little longer.

F

Frothey

dont be silly rik, you know as well as i do you need to boil for 3-4 minutes in the winter as the waters colder.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
That it a good point frothy, but surely its the other way round, I would personally boil for less!

A5HL3Y

Reaction score
you a prick for a reason cakey or does it come naturally?

with material like that you should do stand-up or something, your wasting your talent on us.

but what do i know i use corn flour