Tiddenfoot cats

catman

Reaction score
anyone got any good tips or advice for catting at tiddenfoot.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Fished it years ago, had a good number of cats on Tench livo's, the place used to be stuffed with small Tench and the cats loved em. Also had some good Carp too. Nowadays i think to get in with the crowd you need a bit of puff a rake of beer, shame, used to be a cracking venue.

catman

Reaction score
where the tench easy to catch and whereabouts did you used to fish.

W

Tench were easy to catch, float fishing close in during the day and swooping at night. Fished mostly the first few swims as you turned left from the car park after about 50 yards. Used you be a lifebouy in the corner, had some good results from that swim. The weed used to be on the right side of the swim and fished up along side it.

catman

Reaction score
was it very far out you fished and what rig did you use.

W

For the cats most times is was fishing a dead Tench freelined up against the weed.

catman

Reaction score
dead? i yhought you sed it was a livo. did you catch on any other deads or hear of any other baits catching.

W

Sorry, mainly deads although the livo's did produce. Was suprising as to how many fish came out during the day. Have no idea what it fishes like now and what the situ is with the Tench. Never since seen another water like it with regard to catching small Tench (3-4oz).

W

I had a good few cats on my homemade Creamy Toffee boilies whilst after the Carp.