Angling/river webcams

flightliner

Reaction score
I have just looked at angling/river webcams on "fish and fly" and they are a real help for anglers wishing to check out the state of a river that they intend to fish. I have looked for similar cams on rivers that are predominantly course fish rivers without success. It would be nice to be able to check out the state of my river before setting out on what could be a wasted journey. Do such cams exist, am I looking in the right place,or, if they dont, why?

chav professor

Reaction score
Step too far for me - Its like Big Brother............. I think river web cams are a bit creepy.

I live in a town covered in CCTV, every shop, alley, even our roads have cameras with registration recognition technology. Did you know that face recognition technology is no longer science fiction? Just imagine, marketting companies being able to use the data to monitor YOUR shopping habbits -Yes, no doubt criminals or terrorists would be too scared to get out of bed - well that is the bull that companies and governments like to push through their friends in the popular press - but we all really know this is rubbish. Perhaps cameras in every house? Well, if your not doing any thing wrong, whats the problem with that? No more murders...........

Put them on river? monitor river conditions, could stop poaching, out of season fishing, monitor predation....... Government agencies, like welfare/benefits could monitor the fishing activities of benefits claiments/incapacity claiments lugging heavy gear...... Your Boss could really find out where you decided to spend your day off sick.......

This is the most 'under surveilance' country in the world. Even America wouldn't get away with the day to day intrusions that we as British citizens accept on a daily basis.........

I go fishing to escape the ties of technology, I can always visit the river, ring a friend, use my instincts or adapt to the conditions as I find them. Caught many very special fish when I would have looked at the river conditions alone and perhaps of chosen not to go...... All in privacy!

flightliner

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies all- BN yes I do use the EA river levels site , its very useful to me at times. Chav-- I never thought of all those things you mention- (paranoia springs to mind-lol ) but I do take on board what you say, but surely a simple thing like a camera looking down on water from a fixed position cant do much more than show the currant state of a water, it would be useful to me if one was positioned on the bridge at Dunham- tidal river Trent as even tho I know what to expect re levels and such there are times when I arrive on the river I am still occasionally caught out with the amount of rubbish that is showing- this is often made worse by the fact that the river is tidal along this particular reach and only a "look will" confirm whether or not it may be worth fishing. It seems to me that the game angler is well catered for but course anglers are missing out . I stand to be corrected if I am wrong on this last point as its only a first impresion at this moment in time. Come on EA!!

chav professor

Reaction score
ahh, Flightliner - you have answered your own question. Game fisherman are all reptillian aliens and want to control the world we live in. They are happy to infest our waterways with CCTV surveilance technology.

David Icke, that well known goalkeeper, turned new age messiah exposes the truth about CCTV and repillian game fisherman on his site David Icke Website.

There, the truth is out there. David Eicke - exposing the dreamworld we believe to be true.

Nothing paranoid about exploring the truth....;)

flightliner

Reaction score
Oooh-- steady on CP. such terminology! Could cause an argument if any fly fishers read it.
I do middlin myself dontyano.
Off tomorrow, its all lobs n big river roach till the seasons end, wot you up to mate?.