Brown Bread....

E

EC

Just wondering, if so, were your results any different to using white?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Personally I've never tried it but my experience of wholemeal bread suggests it doesn't mould quite so good. Ordinary brown I hate the taste of so I never use it but it is only dyed so maybe it wouldn't make a lot of different to the fish. It wouldn't be quite so visible as the white bread either and you never know, maybe they wouldn't like the smell of it quite so much.

There will be lots of people come on and say they have caught fish on brown bread but I wouldn't mind betting they have never tested it against white nor would they use it in preference, we'll see.

Joskin

Reaction score
I have used both brown and white regularly for chub for years and have found that it does not make an ounce of difference the Chub will have either. I just use what ever the missus has in the bread bin.

P

Phil Hackett HC/PCPL, SCT with Pride

Eddie I?ve used it in the past but like Joskin never found it makes any difference. I have found its not so good at staying on the hook as Warburtons white bread, so I seldom use it. We eat a lot of brown breads in our house, far better for your internal sh1t workings than bleached white bread because of the fibre it contains. I also like the taste as well, unlike Graham.
So a lot of it goes into my home-made groundbait for chub, but does it make any difference? I doubt it!

C

Cakey

yes lots more takes and the takes are rattlers but its harder to keep on the hook so heres what I do.....
I cut off the two ends leaving about 2" of bread on,then I cut of the two sides and top and bottom then eat bread out of centre.
then cut the sides etc up into cubes of the size you like to fish with ,put into carrier bag and freeze.
take out bag on day that your fishing

the other thing that helps keep it on the hook is the hook is pass through the crust then wrap line round bread twice and turn hook over line and bach into crust

you then end up with a turn of line round crust helping to hold it on !
if you dont understand let me know and Ill take some piccys and send you

E

EC

Are you saying am effin thick or sumat?

Eff off this my thread?

N

nicholas bray

try "kingsmills half white half brown bread" it worked brilliant for me last year, used with a bread punch it is brilliant at staying on the hook unlike normal brown bread, i found tench and bream particularly partial to it