Expectations........

F

Frothey

why is it that everyone seems to EXPECT to catch a fish every time they go these days? i know there are loads of easy waters, but given the weather at the mo its not suprising if you blank.....and dont kid youreselves that you're the only one (like rik said on another thread, how many people are asking that question!)

or is it just that i started carping when waters were fewer and further between, and on the lake i fished 20 fish a season (rather than session!) was a result.....

tony70

Reaction score
its like you say its the time of year where its cold and hard times its a case of going out there and trying your best with little bait going in

B

Big Rik

trying to avoid terms like 'instants', 'youngsters' 'puddle' etc etc, but there is a world of difference between the reality of winter carping and the rubbish trotted out by spurious and unethical mags such as 'improve' or 'advanced' (another oxymoron??)

When these newer 'carpers' realise that although you can catch 5 to 8lb carp on any shelf life boilie from these commercials through the summer, a lot more thought, effort and knowledge is required to catch decent carp all year long.

C

Cakey

Still better than those of us that say we expect to blank and a fish is a bonus...................yeah right

F

Frothey

wouldn't bother going if i thought i was going to blank....just not suprised when i do!

tony70

Reaction score
i go to get away from wife and get out chill and catch if i can

E

EC

'wouldn't bother going if I thought I was going to blank'

Same here Dave but conversely I wouldn't go if I was guaranteed to catch!

As such I never tend to visit 'easy' waters regardless of the species I am after!