Face It

R

Richard Drayson

I`ve just bought a second-hand Fuji digital camera and want to upload my image onto the Forum "Face It".
Can anyone help me with doing this?
Unfortunately, I`m not exactly clear about pixels or file sizes etc.
Also, can anyone recommend a good photo editing programme for a beginner?

D

Dave Johnson

Rich I am not sure with your features you could get under 12kb......as ever the pisstaker

DJ

M

Malcolm Bason

Take the pic mate, and then email it to Graham as a file attachment - he's always willing to help! :eek:)

G

Gary Knowles

Rich,

Take the picture, download it onto your C: drive. Hit 'Your Face' on top left of screen. Hit 'browse' then just follow the route to where you have put your mugshot on c: drive. It then loads automatically.

Gary

G

Gary Knowles

Sorry hit 'My face' not your face.....and yes, before someone says it I'm sure someone would love to hit my face ! ! !

C

Carp Angler

I would say that everone was queued behind the Gay Emblem, but that's one place I would not be.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'd be very wary of queueing behind you as well, but for entirely different reasons.

G

Gary Knowles

Yeah, I don't much fancy another badger blast - My ears are still ringing after Melton.

C

Carp Angler

If you sit on a bucket in the vacinity of my posterior, then there's nothing much I can do except oblige you to the fragrant bouquet and badger call.

G

Gary Knowles

In hindsight I'd have been better putting the bucket over my head !

R

Richard Drayson

Thanks for all the varied advice guys.
I`ll try to sort something out.

D

dave godwin

Richard the system is not working, best you email a pic straight to graham

D

David OLoughlin

I was given photosuite 4 that I think is pretty good. I'm not brilliant at the old p.c. but it does a range of things & I've produced some pretty nifty birthday cards etc. Costs @?40 or so (I think). I have heard that adefobe pro jobs are the biz & could even make some of the mug shots we see on F.M. attractive. Trouble is costs a couple of hundred.

W

Wendy Perry

david how do you think i made mine like it is i've got big warts all over my face and three eyes and a nose like pinocchio really ......LOL paint shop pro works wonders lol

D

David Miller

Richard,

one of the easiest programmes to use is Paint Shop Pro. The newest version is about ?100 but you can normally get one free stuck to front of a computer magazine.
I have a couple of different versions from freebee discs you can have. Just let me know where to send them.

Dave

R

Richard Drayson

Dave, David, Wendy. Thanks for your help. I`ve managed to get a freebie version of Paint Shop Pro 7. Got the image to the correct size etc but still cannot upload it.
I`m going to send it as an email attachment to the FM guys for them to sort out.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Richard,
are you saving the image to the right size & format as I had a problem with the image untill I converted it into a .JPG file. :-}~

R

Richard Drayson

As you can see from the mug shot, everything is fine now. Thanks for all the advice fellas. A special thanks to Graham, who managed to get my image on the site.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Surely your'e not related to Des Taylor are you Rich? Uncanny resemblance.......